Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 28 Bumpdate

October 17, 2012
Woo hoo!  Third trimester has arrived.  It is hard to believe we’re 2/3 of the way through the pregnancy.  From now on we will be having appointments every 2 weeks rather than once a month.  Good thing we like our doctor!  So far I've gained 18 pounds.

We had an appointment today.  I had heard so many stories about the glucose test and was VERY surprised that the drink actually tasted pretty good.  It tasted like weird  orange soda.  I didn’t mind it at all.  If I didn’t pass the test I will find out by Monday or Tuesday.  Cross your fingers that I don’t get a call!  Baby is measuring in the 37th percentile.  He is already head down and the doctor said he will most likely stay that way.  I’ve been worried about a breech baby because I really don’t want to have a c-section.  The doctor checked fluid levels, measured the baby, and measured the head.  His heart rate was 150 beats per minute.  He didn’t print out pictures because there really wasn’t much to see.  Baby is so big it’s hard to get much in the picture.  

I asked the doctor about running the half-marathon.  He said it should be fine that I would just need to listen to my body and make sure I stay hydrated.  He is a runner and he said, it’s gonna be hard.  Well, yeah, I had that much figured out!  When we got home I went online and registered for the race.  It was almost full so I called my brothers to tell them.  They had both said they would run it if I did.  I think they felt like they would be slackers if they’re super pregnant sister ran it and they didn’t, haha!  Some of my friends have been worried about me running the half.  My doctor is running the marathon relay so I told them my doctor will be at the race.  For some reason that made them feel better!  

This week I saw what I’m guessing was a foot slide across my belly.  He is moving around so much.  I’m thinking he’s going to be quite the morning baby.  I’ve been waking up at 6 in the morning to lots of moving around in my belly which makes it hard to fall back to sleep.  This morning I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and baby was moving so much I had a hard time falling back to sleep.  Baby can also blink and has started experiencing REM sleep.  His eyes have color even though the color will change later on.

This weekend Ty’s parents will be coming to visit.  We will hopefully get lots done on the baby’s room.  And have some fun too!

No comments:

Post a Comment