Favorite Spring Books
- The Three Little Pigs and the Somewhat Bad Wolf by Mark Teague- During the winter I bought a bunch of children's books at Goodwill. I was saving them to pull out for a long road trip or something. It has been so nice to have them during this pandemic with the libraries being closed. I pulled one book from the pile a day to read to give us some new reading material. Carter loved this one and read it to himself over and over along with asking for us to listen as he read it. I think he liked that it was a version of The Three Little Pigs with a happy ending and no one dying.
- Tiger and Turtle by James Rumford- This was one we grabbed at the library before it closed due to the pandemic. Elise loved it and had me read it so many times she knew the book almost word for word. She loves cats so even though the tiger and the turtle were both mean to each other in the book, in her opinion the turtle was a bully, haha!
- Thelma the Unicorn by Aaron Blabey- I saw the sequel to this book at the spring book fair and made a note I wanted to get it for Elise at the library. Unfortunately pretty soon thereafter the libraries closed so we didn't get to read it. Elise loves Aaron Blabey's books and Pig the Pug books are some of her favorites. She even told me one day that Aaron was her favorite author because she is so funny. I cracked up because she thinks Aaron is a girl name because of my friend, Erin. Ty sold some riding toys the kids are too big for now and we decided to use some of the money to order stuff for the kids. I told the kids they could each choose a toy and a book. I showed this book to Elise because I thought she'd like it and she asked me if she could use her money to get it. She loved it and we read it 3 times the day it arrived. It was so cute!
- Good Night Tulsa written and illustrated by Staff of Our Public School District- Carter's art teacher was one of the 8 art teachers in our school district chosen to illustrate this awesome book about our town. Carter loved the book and read it over and over once we got it. We ordered a book and the proceeds support our school's foundation and a book will be donated to a child at a Title I school within our district since we ordered a book. Elise also really loved the book and we are excited to do a fun "scavenger hunt" searching for the different sights shown within the book.
- "L" Is For Library by Sonya Terry- This book was so cute. Each letter of the alphabet was represented by something you would find in the library. Carter liked it so much he wanted to read it to Oma and Opa over FaceTime. Elise loved watching the pictures and they discussed which characters in the pictures were real and which came out of the illustrations in books. This was one of the library books we got before the libraries closed.