Saturday, February 9, 2013

Baby's Room

I am so happy that the room is all ready.  It feels so good to have it finished!  I love the room and all the special touches of homemade goodness!  A couple years ago I found 3 Curious George wall hangings at an antique store.  I saw them, loved them, and thought in the back of my mind that they'd be perfect for a baby boy's room.  So I bought them and kept them as decorations in my classroom, until now!  The hangings were the inspiration for our baby's room.  I knew I wanted gray walls with blue and yellow accents.  I saw the idea for the ceiling and top part of the wall to be painted here
The night stand we found at an antique store.  I sanded it down and Ty's mom painted it.  The lamp is from Etsy and the Raggedy Andy was made for Ty by his grandma when he was a kid.  My grandpa made the animal coat hanger for my brothers and myself when we were little.  Ty found the rocker at a garage sale and we sanded it down and painted it.  I had cushions from an old rocker that my mom covered for us.  Ty made the changing table.  He adapted plans we found here.  The dresser belonged to Ty's mom as a kid, then Ty as a baby, and then Ty's brother used it until he moved away.  I sanded and painted it (are you seeing a common theme here?).  My mom made the curtains.
 
This view shows where the chalkboard is.
We found the cubbies at a garage sale and then bought the baskets to go with it at Target.
Ty's grandpa made the crib, my mom made the crib skirt, I found the Curious George wall hangings at an Antique Store, and the monkey rocker was a baby shower gift.
What was the inspiration for your baby's room?

No comments:

Post a Comment