Spring Reading Favorites
- My Mom is Magical by Sabrina Moyle- Elise was so excited about this book because it had a unicorn on the cover. It was a decently cute book, thankfully, because we read it over and over
- Love is My Favorite Thing by Emma Chichester Clark- This may have been listed on a different favorite books list because I know we've read it before, but I'm not sure whether it was a favorite when we read it before. In this book the dog does lots of naughty stuff but her owners still love her anyway. I think the kids loved it because the dog was still loved even though it was naughty and they thought the naughty stuff she did was funny.
- Minerva and the Colorful Eggs by Janet Morgan Stoeke- This book was so cute! The hen finds eggs for an egg hunt and thinks they are lost. She enlists help from the other hens to save them, only to go out and find they are gone. It was super cute and the kids thought it was so funny. It was an adorable Easter book and would be great for discussing predictions.
- Because by Mo Willems- This book was so good I got goose bumps at the end. It was all about how someone can be inspired into a career by seeing someone else do it. I loved the message and it made me think back to how I discovered I wanted to be a teacher way back in first grade
- Goat's Coat by Tom Percival- Carter especially loved this one and it was wonderful. The goat has a new coat he loves and is very proud of. Throughout the story he uses parts of his coat to help someone in need. By the end his coat is gone but he has made a bunch of friends. I loved the message that helping others in need is worth more than our belongings.
- Lousy Rotten, Stinkin Grapes by Margie Palatini- This is another one that may already be listed on one of my book lists. I know we've read it before and I vaguely remembered Carter really liking it. This time he loved it and Elise did too. They thought it was hilarious that the fox thought he was so smart but everyone else had better ideas. It's a great message that it's important to listen to others and work as a team.
- Fly Guy Meets Fly Girl! by Tedd Arnold- Elise really likes Fly Guy right now. This one was her favorite because Fly Guy meets Fly Girl and they picture getting married and having babies. She loved that they had babies and wanted to read this one over and over. The time she picked this book out at the library she picked a huge stack of different Fly Guy books
- Neck & Neck by Elise Parsley- Elise keeps picking this book out at the library. I think part of the reason why she likes it is that the author's name is Elise. It's also a really funny book and she loves the giraffe's reactions throughout the book.