Thursday, February 7, 2013

Week 12 Bumpdate



July 6, 2012
We are almost to the 2nd trimester!  It’s hard to believe I’m already almost a third of the way through the pregnancy!  It seems like my belly doesn’t look much different than it has the past few weeks, but I’ve noticed you can tell (or at least I can, I’m getting lots of “you don’t look pregnant” comments now that people know) I have a little bump in t-shirts which you never could before.  I’ve also been getting some energy back and have been able to make it through the day without a nap most days!  I’ve been able to run faster too.  Now my legs don’t feel exhausted before I even start running.  I think I’m going to like the 2nd trimester!  I still haven’t gained any weight.  I’m down 2 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight.  It’s weird to think I’ve lost weight while my belly has gotten bigger!  I guess that just shows I was eating too many sweets before the baby!   Hoping for a small baby sure has been a great incentive to cut back on desserts!

Baby now has reflexes and supposedly if I push on my belly, the baby will react (which I can’t feel yet).  I think I enjoy pushing on my belly and picturing the baby moving around far too much!  We are getting so excited for our next doctor’s appointment which is only 3 weeks away. 
I can’t wait to find out if we’re having a boy or girl.  Ty seems to be a bit more patient and less interested in guessing.  Or maybe he’s just tired of me obsessively trying to guess something there is no way I can know!!!!  He says he’s guessing it’s a girl just because I think it’s a boy.  Ty is going to love it if I’m wrong!  Can’t wait to share the news with all of you!  

We ran a 4th of July 5K on Wednesday.  I was planning on running with Ty again, but I started off at his normal pace and he was struggling and wasn’t able to keep pace.  I decided if I felt good, I should just go at a pace that was comfortable.  I ran harder than I had in the last few 5K’s, but held back a bit.  I finished in 24:15.  I couldn’t believe it!  Not too shabby for a pregnant lady!
Before the July 4th 5K.

No comments:

Post a Comment