Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 26 Bumpdate



October 4, 2012
We had our childbirth class this past weekend.  It was one Saturday from 10am-3pm.  Part of the class included a tour of the birth and delivery section of the hospital.  It was so exciting to see where we are going to meet our baby and it made it all seem so much more real!  We also got to meet two pediatricians who came in to answer all of our questions.  It was so nice to be able to ask all the weird and random questions I’ve been coming up with!  

I enjoyed running 6 miles with Ty so much last weekend that I decided to start doing a long run each week.  I ran 6 miles again this week.  I’ve been slowly increasing my mileage ever since I entered the 2nd trimester.

I had a few Braxton Hicks contractions this week.  It was really exciting because I know that means my body is preparing for baby’s arrival!  It’s hard to believe our son will be here in less than 100 days.

It has been a very exciting week.  Ty started painting our rocker that I had sanded down.  He also started the finishing touches on painting Baby’s room and installed a ceiling fan in the room.  While he was working in the baby’s room I got quite a bit done on my maternity leave lesson plans. Last weekend I ordered an adorable monkey lamp shade for Baby’s room off Etsy and we got it in the mail Tuesday.  On Wednesday we had friends over and carved pumpkins.  It was crazy to see how close my belly was to the size of a pumpkin!  We had a lot of fun taking pictures!
Baby is getting to be so big!  I can’t believe how little room he takes up with his long, long body!  His eyes are now fully developed and they will soon open.  He also has eyelashes.  I hope they are long and lovely like his daddy’s!  Air sacks are developing in his lungs and he is practicing breathing amniotic fluid.  Brainwaves for auditory and visual systems can now be detected and he will start recognizing Ty and my voices.

No comments:

Post a Comment