Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week 30 Bumpdate



October 31, 2012
I cannot believe we only have 10 weeks left until baby’s due date!  That seems like no time at all.  Then I think of it as 2 and a half months and it seems like a lot more time.  We had our 30 week appointment on Wednesday.  Our doctor was doing a c-section so we met with the Physician’s Assistant at the office instead.  We got official word that I passed my glucose screening.  She said they want your numbers under 120 and I was 98.  It was good to hear that news!  We got to see Baby Cox moving his hands around and she explained his positioning.  He is head down with his head in the bottom right corner of my belly and his feet in the top right corner.  I told her where I’ve been having bumps popping out of my belly and she said it would probably be his back or bottom pushing out because he’s stretching his legs.  It’s so exciting to know what is moving around in there now instead of just guessing.
This weekend we ran the Mustache Dash.  It was a lot of fun.  We even made a special shirt for me to wear that said “Future Mustache on Board”.  I finished in 25:56 and won my age group (it was a very small race).  After the race I got stopped by some runners who told me my shirt was really cute and they couldn’t believe how fast I was.  It was very sweet.  
Since we had the 5K on Saturday I did my long run on Tuesday after work.  I ran 12 miles.  It went really well, but boy was I sore afterward.  I laid down on the ground when I got home and between being sore and my belly, I struggled to get up!  I wanted to take some pictures of my belly painted as a pumpkin to send out the next day for Halloween, but I was so tired!  We got them done and they ended up being pretty hilarious because we got all of the animals involved!  Now I have no doubt that I will be able to run the half-marathon.  Just 2 more weeks!
Harper is a bat, Halle a hot dog, and Skippy's a banana.  We just kept adding to the picture!
Baby’s brain is starting to wrinkle and fold due to rapid growth of brain cells.  His fingernails and toenails are finished growing and he is now strong enough to grasp a finger!  Looking forward to him continuing to grow, grow, grow!!!!

The ultrasound picture is a close-up of Baby’s face.  In the top right corner you can see his hand.  His bottom lip looks a bit strange because the umbilical cord is in front of his mouth.  So that’s really the umbilical cord and not his bottom lip.  Just now as I was getting ready to send out the pictures I noticed I wrote almos 3 lbs rather than almost.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment