Friday, February 8, 2013

Week 22 Bumpdate



September 6, 2012

This week I have been getting a lot more comments about my belly.  Seems I must be showing more!  I was talking to a student’s mom and she shared a funny story with me.  She told her son I am going to have a baby and he asked how the baby ate so she explained the umbilical cord to him.  Then he asked her how big the baby is.  She showed him with her hands and he responded with, so the baby can swing on that rope in there!

Baby Cox isn’t swinging on the umbilical cord, but he may be grabbing it and touching his face.  He has nerve endings in his fingers and has developed a sense of touch.  His eyes are formed but his irises still lack pigment.  His hair also lacks pigment so it is white right now (I guess we’ll have to wait to see if he has red hair like his Grandpa Rocky)!  He now has taste buds and can detect strong flavors in the amniotic fluid.  He is also sleeping in 12-14 hour cycles.

My mom and I heard a faint heart beat with a stethoscope this weekend.  We are thinking we may have been hearing a vein in the placenta.  I’m sure we will be hearing the baby’s heart beat very soon!  I just can’t wait!   

No comments:

Post a Comment