Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 7 Bumpdate



August 23, 2014

Baby's Size: About the size of a blueberry!  I'm so excited to hit this point because I love blueberries and therefore love picturing the baby being that size.  Plus the baby has doubled in size since last week and seems so much bigger and stronger.  The baby's hands and feet are emerging from the developing arms and legs.  There's so much going on!

Weight Gain: I'm a pound over my pre-pregnancy weight which means I gained the 1.5 pounds I lost plus the pound over my starting weight for a whopping total of 2.5 pounds in one week!  Is it really true!?  If so, I'm a bit scared.  But my mom has been in town helping Thomas clean and paint his house and has spoiled me royally taking me out to get whatever tastes good to my ever frustrating tummy.  So I guess it's possible with eating out almost every day and actually being able to eat this week that I did gain that much...

Maternity Clothes: Definitely no where near needing them, but I have had a few days where at the end of the night when I sit down the band of my shorts digs into me and is sore.  It feels like my uterus is popping out a little bit but it shouldn't be doing that yet, although it has doubled in size already. 

Sleep: I'm still napping for about an hour when Carter takes his nap although a couple days I waited too long and only got 30 minutes.  I've been waking up to go to the bathroom some nights.  This morning I woke up at 5:00 am so hungry that I couldn't fall back to sleep and finally went to the kitchen and slathered some peanut butter on a graham cracker.  The only problem was it took me 2 hours to fall back to sleep.  Luckily Ty was sweet enough to get up with Carter so I could sleep a little bit. 

Symptoms: This week has been amazing compared to last week!  I've been able to eat although I'm still feeling fairly nauseous.  For some reason dinner is my most difficult meal to eat and I feel super sick before-hand.  I think it might be due to getting over hungry because I go a long stretch without a snack due to my nap and then getting Carter up and taking care of him first, but it could also be that we wait too long to eat dinner.  When I eat I burp pretty constantly and feel like I'm going to throw up.  It's gross and I wish I could hide it a little bit better, but thankfully my family loves me and it doesn't bother them too much.  I have to take breaks while eating and it really helps if I drink Sprite in between bites.  My breast soreness has kicked it up another notch. I'm not up a full cup size yet, but I've had to loosen my bra straps.  My belly is starting to pop a little bit to me.  I'm at that point where it seems like I'm adding a little layer of pudge before my belly actually starts popping.  My belly jiggles a little on runs and it grosses me out at times, but I know it's for the baby and will firm up in a few weeks.

Running: This week was pretty good as far as running goes.  I got in 19 miles and bumped my long run up to 7 miles.  With the stroller and Harper I typically run around 9:30-10:00 pace.  My mom was here and I ran without the stroller one day and was able to run 8:30 pace.  I think part of what slows me down with the stroller is the fact that Harper is out of shape and sandbags on me really badly.  My arms get tired from her having the leash pulled as tight as it will go.  If she isn't back in shape soon I'm going to have to stop taking her on runs and stick to walks with her.

Food Cravings: Things that I want tend to only stick around until I eat them and then I'm over it.  One day I was desperate for mozzarella cheese and pesto so I made a sandwich slathered in both.  Another day my mom suggested BLTs and they were so good I ate 2.  Later I got a sandwich that had bacon on it and it grossed me out so much I had to pull it off my sandwich.  Just like when I was pregnant with Carter I've been all about sauces.  Like before I could drink the sweet chili sauce from Pei Wei.  A new one this time around was frisco sauce from Steak 'n Shake which I hadn't had in at least a year and one day just had to have it!

Food Aversions: Still can't stand the sight or smell of smoked meat at all.  Eggs were grossing me out last week, but have become a full on aversion this week.  I can't stand to see pictures of them and when people talk about it I can feel chunks rise in my throat, gross I know!  It's weird though because I don't mind fried eggs or seeing egg whites.  It's more so scrambled eggs, omelets, or yellow eggs.  Ty ate an omelet one night and I had to move things in between our plates so I couldn't see his food.

Movement: Definitely the best part of pregnancy other than actually delivering, but we still have a while until I'll be feeling anything.  I felt Carter move at 16 weeks, so maybe in 2 months!

Best Moment of the Week: Knowing that it's almost time for our first appointment!  We go to the doctor on Monday at 7 weeks, 2 days.  I even had a dream that our doctor was doing an ultrasound and we heard the baby's heart beat!  I can't wait to see the baby.  I hope everything is looking and sounding good!

Currently Loving: Being able to eat more of a variety of foods, especially healthier foods.  I'm hoping next week will be even better.  I have some horrible eating the last couple of weeks to make up for!

Miss Anything: Just the Braum's frozen yogurt soft serve.  It sounds so delicious right now and ice cream just doesn't quite cut it.

What Big Brother is Up to This Week: We were busy, busy, busy this week and made up for not leaving the house much last week.  We went to the splash pad twice, had a playdate, and Jake came one day.  Plus grammy was in town and Carter started calling her "ma"!  Carter is doing better with Jake, but still gets jealous.  Yesterday he cried the entire time I gave Jake a bottle because he wanted me to hold him to my chest and snuggle him.  He just wasn't satisfied with sitting on my lap beside Jake.  I'm so glad he's getting practice with Jake now.  I hope it makes the adjustment when the baby arrives a little bit easier!  Carter was so hilarious when he saw us taking the weekly pictures.  At the end of the shoot we call him in and ask him to stand by the wall for a few pictures.  This time he came running down the hall, saw Ty taking my picture, ran right over, stood against the wall, and smiled.  It was the cutest thing!  I love having him in some of the pictures!!!!  Read about when I was 7 weeks pregnant with Carter here
Running in to photo bomb.
 

I liked this picture because the angle makes my belly pop!
 

2 comments: