Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Week 13 Bumpdate

 

I was bummed this morning because right after Ty left for work I realized I'd forgotten to have him take our weekly belly picture.  I tried setting the camera up with a self timer so I could take it, but I couldn't get it to work.  So the pictures this week were taken right after dinner.  We were going to take them before dinner, but Carter and I were too hungry.  We won't have a good comparison to what my belly looked like in the pictures from last week, but it will give us a better comparison to the belly pictures from when I was pregnant with Carter.  Back then I took all my belly pictures after work right before going out for a run and then eating dinner and sometimes forgot until after dinner, so that's about right with this week.  I'm really more bummed that Carter's not in pajamas.  There's something so adorable about him in pajamas for the pictures.  The timing also didn't work as well for him cooperation-wise.  He didn't want to stop playing to take a picture so we lured him into the frame with a book.

September 30, 2014

Baby's Size: Baby is the size of a peach and should be measuring just under 3 inches, wow, one whole inch of growth in just one week!  Baby has fingerprints and is forming vocal cords and teeth!

Weight Gain: I'm up a pound, but with how my weight has been fluctuating I could be back down to my starting weight next week.

Maternity Clothes: When I'm standing or walking around my pants fit great and I can button them.  If I'm sitting down, especially in the evening, I get really sore in my lower pelvis where my pants are tight and hit where I assume my fundus is just starting to poke out over my pelvic bone.  I feel like I'm constantly playing with my pants, but when I'm sitting down I need a hair tie to loosen my pants and when I'm standing I need them buttoned.  If I leave the hair tie in my pants while standing or walking around they slide down and irritate me.

Sleep: This week has been rough with sleep.  I skipped my naps all week because I would rather get things done and then took a 2 hour nap on Saturday because I was so tired.  I'm not sleeping very well at night.  It takes me a long time to fall asleep and then I wake up itching or really hot.  Skippy has been messing with me a lot at night.  Last night I got so frustrated I went to push him down because he was walking around right by my head and he laid down right as I did, so I accidentally hit Ty in the face.  Poor Ty is getting battered during the night this pregnancy.  Skippy is seriously driving me crazy!  Ty can sleep through a lot of the shenanigans, but I can't

Symptoms: No more cramps and I'm so thankful I have had no bleeding due to my low placenta.  I've been really worried about bleeding and probably look like a weirdo checking during my runs.  I had a really sore throat on Tuesday so I skipped out on my run and continued to feel awful Wednesday through Friday.  It turned out Carter and I both had colds.  Let me tell you, it's true what they say, being sick when you're pregnant sucks so much more!  Pretty much every morning I woke up and had dry heaves.  I also had dry heaves on a couple of runs.  I think it is due to drainage from the cold and also because my allergies are in full force right now.  Carter and I are both sneezing a lot!

Running: My weekly mileage this week was piddly at 7 miles.  I had a cold and opted out of running Tuesday through Friday with my first run back on Saturday.  That really hurt my weekly mileage, but I think it definitely led to me feeling better sooner so it was worth it!  I finally got in gear with planks and did 3 sets of 30 second planks.  I do forward facing and each side.  After starting it I forgot for a few days.  I need to get into a good routine of doing them every day.  They really helped alleviate back pain for me during my pregnancy with Carter.

Food Cravings: Mustard is still my food love right now.  I finally had a strange food combination during pregnancy when I dipped broccoli in mustard.  Maybe it's normal for some people, but not for me!  I've also been craving fish, specifically tilapia, all week long.  Unfortunately Ty won't touch fish, so nothing has come of that craving.  That makes me want it even more!

Food Aversions: I ate scrambled eggs this weekend and it went over really well!  Then I bravely put some spinach on my sandwich today with no problems!  I'm so excited, but even with those 2 aversions conquered I'm still not interested in trying BBQ.  Just the smell of it makes me queasy still.

Movement: Only 3 more weeks until our next doctor's appointment.  The weekend of our gender reveal with Carter was the weekend I felt him move for the first time.  Knowing I'm potentially close to feeling this baby move is soooo exciting!

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling better on Saturday and being able to run again!  A cold when you are pregnant with a toddler who is also sick is just a bum deal.  Also watching Carter play with the other kids at the weenie roast was so much fun.  Seeing siblings play so nicely was so cute and gets me excited every time!  

Currently Loving: Thinking of ideas for baby's gender reveal in a few weeks.  I'm definitely reusing the stuff I saved from Carter's party.  It's exciting to think in just a few short weeks I'll be able to refer to the baby as he or she rather than he/she or it!

Miss Anything: I saw pumpkin beer at the store and I was a little bit sad I couldn't have one.  And I really do mean one.  When we got those last year I only drank one, but it was so much fun to sit outside in the cool autumn breeze with our orange Halloween lights glowing while sipping on a pumpkin beer.  It felt so festive.

What Big Brother is Up to This Week: Carter enjoyed his first hayrack ride.  He's also been a stool bandit, carrying a stool around to reach high places.  Two of his canine teeth have popped through and now we're just waiting on those other 2 to make their appearance.  He had a cold along with momma and was snotty and sneezing, but is feeling much better now!  My Week 13 Bumpdate with Carter.
 

2 comments: