Monday, September 15, 2014

Our Last Full Day in Florida

Saturday morning Ty decided he wanted to run with me so I had Carter wake him up once I was ready. Paul had gone out kayaking earlier in the morning and was returning as we were leaving. He decided to come with us. He and Ty ran up in the sand and I ran down in the waves as they splashed up on the shore. The waves were much bigger than they had been the other 2 days I ran. On Friday I was down much lower on the beach so I could run along in a little bit of water as it splashed up. There were small walls spaced out on the beach with about 4 segments. I was jumping over the 2nd segment of the wall on Friday, but on Saturday the tide was so high I was able to run to the side of the wall or jump over the 4th segment. With such a high tide I didn't see any cool sea shells like I had previously and was a bit bummed because I brought Carter a sea shell back from both of my previous runs. We did see a couple jellyfish washed up on the shore though.

Back at the beach house we were discussing whether we wanted to spend the morning at the beach or find an attraction to check out. Paul reminded me of the big waves and I figured Carter would be afraid to get in the water, so we decided to check out an Alligator Attraction. There were lots of 1-2 year old and 2-3 year old alligators and one big 10 year old alligator. We even got to see some 2 week old hatchlings. They had poles with bits of hot dog for us to feed the young alligators and Carter loved it! When we'd seen everything there was to see we decided to drive around for a bit and came across a playground. We stopped to let Carter play and after a while he decided he wanted to check out the beach where he was amazed by the waves and we saw a jellyfish washed up on the shore.
Feeding the alligators
Playing at a park by the beach.
Walking across a bridge to the beach.
After Carter's nap, Ty and I took him for a walk on the beach. He walked some on his own, stopped and searched for sea shells, and I carried him into the waves with me. We ate Mexican for dinner and then got in the pool at our beach house when we got back. Carter floated in a special toy his grandparents got him and laughed as his grandma went under the water. I took him up for a bath after swimming and Uncle Paul brought glow sticks up and turned off the lights so Carter could play with them in the bath. I put Carter down in grandma's bed and he was going to sleep with her, but he woke up when she came to bed and couldn't fall back to sleep so he came to bed with me and Ty.
Ready for a walk on the beach with mommy and daddy.
Loving a shoulder ride!
Such a beautiful view!

Checking out the high tide.
Searching for sea shells.
Braving the waves!
At dinner at a Mexican restaurant.

6 comments:

  1. I have been waiting for the Florida posts and pictures!! Thank you! Thank you! Loved seeing Carter enjoying Florida with everyone. Loved seeing him at the beach! He is just too dang adorable! Happy for you all with your family trip. Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted during the trip, did they show up? I never trust my phone! I went in and edited them on my computer today, so they may have just now posted.

      Delete
  2. I've just had time to get back online. I was hoping you'd have posts up. Seeing the pictures of Carter makes me miss him SO much. :) He is a cutie. You guys look good, though Ty looks tired in the last picture. Feeding the baby gators looks like fun! And he is such an animal lover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure what Ty was up to in that last picture! Thomas kept saying how much he missed Carter. Excited to see you guys this weekend!

      Delete
  3. So excited to see pics from Florida...Love the pic with the baby alligators. :)

    ReplyDelete