Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 6 Bumpdate


August 16, 2014

Baby's Size: The size of a lentil bean with lots of development going on.  Baby's heart is beating and body parts are beginning to form.

Weight Gain: According to the scales I lost half a pound this week and am down a pound and a half.  I'm constantly hungry but everything sounds disgusting and makes me nauseous, so I eat what I can when I can.

Maternity Clothes: Everything is still fitting the same as usual.

Sleep: I've switched over to sleeping most if not all of Carter's naptime this week.  It was a rough week.  I sleep weird at night and must have strange dreams.  Last night I either slapped or elbowed Ty in the face during my sleep.  He swears I elbowed him, but I thought I woke up after slapping him.  Either way he was unscathed with no bruise or anything, so it couldn't have been too bad, right? 

Symptoms: This week was the week of migraines with a total of 4 migraines.  Along with the migraines came some serious nausea that left me drinking most of my meals in the form of Powerade.  With Carter I only craved things that were at least decently healthy.  It made me curious if some women use pregnancy as an excuse to eat horribly.  This week has definitely changed my thoughts on that.  I would be so sick and the only thing I could even fathom eating was a burger (not sure if the grease settled my stomach or what).  Then the next day the thought of a burger was enough to make me dry heave.  I mostly ate toast, oatmeal, and noodles when I ate.  Just like with Carter, Mexican food has been a go to.  When I wasn't nauseous to the point where I had to slowly chew food and then use water to wash it down without gagging, I was chowing down on chips and salsa.  Unfortunately fruits and vegetables have been really difficult to get down.  I'm going to try making smoothies and hope that helps me get my servings in.  Although this week was pretty rough, I was so relieved to still be feeling symptoms.  Around this time was when I stopped feeling pregnant and began to question whether things were okay before we miscarried.  In a way I'm glad I'm feeling awful so I'm not worrying things will end the same way as last time.

Running: With all the migraines I had a few days off running, but still got in 16 miles.  I started feeling a bit better by the weekend and was able to get in a 6 mile long run.

Food Cravings: I've been all about chips and salsa and Mexican in general.  So much so I wanted a Mexican TV dinner.  Can you say sodium?!  One day I wanted a burger and then the next day it repulsed me.  My stomach and what I could keep down was all over the place this week!

Food Aversions: Smoked meat has made me so sick I couldn't stand the smell of it or even Ty talking about it.  We still have a lot of pulled pork and bologna left over and I get nauseous just seeing it in the fridge.  Other than that my aversions are hit and miss.  One day I can't stand bananas, the next it's carrots.  Some days it's pretty much anything.

Movement: So looking forward to feeling the baby!

Best Moment of the Week: Taking another week predictor pregnancy test and it said 3+.  The last one I took was last Saturday and it said 2-3.  I took one on Wednesday in the middle of the day and it said 3+.  I felt really confident that my hCG levels were rising.  Making it past 5 weeks, 4 days (which was my dreaded point) still feeling pregnant has also been great!

Currently Loving:That I don't have a migraine right now.  I hope week 7 is nicer to me than this week has been!

Miss Anything: Still missing Braum's frozen yogurt soft serve and not being exhausted.

What Big Brother is Up to This Week: Carter has been such a good boy, putting up with me feeling horrible and not being up to doing a whole lot.  We didn't leave the house much this week and he was a champ.  His molars are in and he's up to 12 teeth!  He's getting to be such a big boy!

2 comments:

  1. Why were you laughing so hard at Carter in the second picture?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really remember. Probably because he was being so serious!

      Delete