Friday, September 12, 2014

Our First Day in Florida

Wednesday morning Carter slept until 8 am Florida time, 7 am our time. Amanda was teaching a Barre class and invited me to go so he got to enjoy the morning with daddy and Uncle Paul. They played at the park, got wet, and ate a bunch of raisins. By the time Amanda and I got back around 11:00 Carter was referring to Paul as Uncie. We all played while Amanda packed for our trip to Mediera Beach. Ty's parents flew straight through with no layover, picked up a rental van, ate lunch, and arrived a little after noon. We loaded up the van, installed the car seat Amanda had borrowed from a friend, and headed to our rental house at the beach! Poor Carter man woke up about an hour after falling asleep for a nap just screaming. We stopped and I realized he had horrible diaper rash as I changed his diaper. The only thing we could think of was that he had a lot of apple juice on the plane which may have irritated his skin.
Checking out the motorcycle with daddy and Uncie Paul.
Playing a the neighborhood park with Uncie Paul.
His new thing is hanging onto things without help!

Asleep in the car seat Auntie Amanda borrowed from a friend.
We got to the beach house around 4:00 and were so excited to check it out. We made up a grocery list and headed out to eat dinner and pick up groceries. We went to an area called John's Pass and walked around for a bit before deciding on Bubba Gumps Shrimp Co for dinner. I really wanted fish since it was a seafood restaurant and decided on Jenny's Catch with Lobster Butter Sauce which was tilapia and was delicious! After the meal our waitress asked if anyone at our table was a Forrest Gump Trivia Expert. I said I wasn't an expert, but loved the movie. She started reeling off  trivia from the movie and I shocked myself and everyone else when I knew almost all the answers. Paul later told Ty that when I was getting all the answers right he was sure we were going to win a free dessert!
Ready to check out John's Pass in his beach attire!
I took the sunglasses along just for him to play with, but he loved them!
After dinner we walked back along John's Pass and then headed to the grocery store to pick up food for the rest of the week. Carter did amazingly well during our shopping trip even though he was tired and was having diahrrea. He started calling Amanda auntie while we were shopping. He would see Paul and Amanda and yell "auntie, uncie!" Once back at the beach house Carter wanted to check out the pool and the ocean behind the house and then it was time for a bath and bed. When I went downstairs after putting Carter down I was excited to see everyone sitting around watching Forrest Gump. The trivia questions had made them all want to watch the movie. I stayed up for a while and then was struggling to keep my eyes open so I bowed out early.
Walking along John's Pass with daddy and grandpa.
Fist bumps for grandma.
Enjoying time with Uncie Paul.
I love it when Carter grabs onto your shirt with his fist, so precious!

2 comments:

  1. I showed this to Dad because I couldn't believe he could hang by himself. Big Boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's his favorite thing to do at the park right now.

      Delete