Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Good Bye, 2013!

This year has been absolutely amazing!  Other than the first 19 days, Carter's whole life has been during the year 2013.  He has reached so many firsts, learned so many new things, and brought tons of joy to all of our lives.  During 2013 he learned how to roll over, smile, laugh, eat purees, sit up without support, crawl, sit up on his own, and pull to a stand.  He also grew over 10 inches, over 14 pounds, quite a bit of hair, and 6 teeth.  The boy has been busy!

Just like how I felt when his first birthday came and went, I'm sad to see 2013 go, but I'm also excited for what 2014 has in store.  I know 2014 will bring walking, talking, and lots more teeth into our lives.  It will also bring Carter's first cousin.  Ty's cousin, Megan, is due in April and we are all very excited for another baby to join the family!

What I'm loving the most right now is how Carter scrunches his nose when he smiles.  The way he immediately starts dancing the moment he hears music.  How I walk into a room and catch him flipping through a book and undoubtedly reading the pictures as he jabbers to himself.  The way he shares everything by handing it to you and the moment you say thank you, snatching it back.  We end 2013 in a great place.  With a baby who is just independent enough for me to get more done around the house, but still dependent enough for me to not cry myself to sleep.  Just kidding, but really when he walks off to kindergarten with a backpack on his back, watch out!

This year has brought me so much joy, so much happiness, so much love.  Here's a look back at the past year in pictures!

January 2013

Not the best picture of us, but it captures so much about that 1st month with little man.
February 2013

Working on rolling over.
Carter's first Valentine's Day.

Carter's first trip to the aquarium.
Carter's first snow.
 March 2013
My first postpartum 5k and Carter's first 5k in the stroller.
Working on neck strength and head control!

Carter's first St. Patrick's Day.

Carter's first Easter.
April 2013

Eating a puree for the first time.

Harper turned 5!
May 2013

Visited Great Grandma on Mother's Day.
June 2013

Carter reading with daddy on Father's Day.
July 2013

Carter's first 4th of July.
Carter completed the Summer Reading Program at our public library.
Ty and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary.
August 2013
September 2013
Carter carved his first pumpkin.
October 2013
Thomas, Jeremy, and I ran a half-marathon.  My first postpartum half-marathon.
 

I was away form Carter for the first time overnight for my friend Steph's wedding.
November 2013
Ty finished his first half-marathon.
Carter enjoyed his first Thanksgiving.
December 2013
Carter enjoyed the first snow he could actually play in.
 

We celebrated Carter's first birthday.
Carter celebrated his 2nd Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. Now that is an awesome year of Carter!! Love that little guy!

    ReplyDelete