Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Daddy's First Year Memories

One of my favorite memories of you was one of our first as a family. The first night that we brought you home, no one got very much sleep. You, because you were so small and were eating every hour, us because we were new parents. By the time the sun came up, we had it figured out. You were nestled in between your mother and I in bed with us, sleeping peacefully.
Daddy with you as a newborn.

I love seeing you with your Grandparents. It is so easy to see the love in their eyes and in yours. Whether they are teaching you something, playing with your or just holding you, it is something amazing to see. One of my favorite photos of you is from when you were sick, wearing only a diaper, sitting on your Grandpa Cox's lap while he helped you drink out of a cup.

Lately, my favorite thing is when I get home. I typically come home to find you and your mother playing in the living room. Once I walk in, you drop what you are doing and start bouncing up and down excitedly with the biggest smile on your face. It absolutely melts my heart!
Eating food out of your bib at 362 Days Old.  Only 3 more days until your birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Great Aunt Netta is reading this wonderful first birthday tribute. What a blessed little boy Carter is to our lives! Carter who is blessed being born to the wonderful parents he has, the magnificent sets of grandparents he is blessed with, three awesome uncles and a cherish-able aunt. Carter is LOVED immeasurably!!!

    ReplyDelete