Friday, January 1, 2016

Good Bye, 2015

2015 has been a great year for us. We welcomed our sweet baby girl Elise this year, making Carter a big brother and us a family of 4. There's no topping that! Carter became more independent in completing tasks as well as in physical challenges. He is so smart and works hard to do things without help. Elise has already gone from her tiny newborn self to crawling, pulling up to her knees, starting to say real words, and having 2 teeth in her mouth. It has definitely been an amazing year. Check out 2014 in pictures here and 2013 here.

January 2015
We celebrated the start of a new year!
We ran the Runway Run 5k where I was the first female finisher and won a membership to the Air and Space Museum.

February 2015
We celebrated Valentine's Day.
And ran the Sweetheart Run 5k.
We got our first really good snow that stuck.
And I got so excited I tried to wear my regular-sized snow suit!

March 2015
I couldn't help myself with the pictures here, March was a big month for us!
We had my mom take some family maternity photos.
A friend threw me a sweet sprinkle to honor Elise.
I hit early term for the first time, woo hoo!
We celebtrated St. Patrick's Day.
Miss Elise Kay was born on March 21st!
 
Carter adjusted to life as a big brother.
Elise went on her first walk and visit to the library.
Elise went on her first outing to the Children's Museum.
Elise was the sweetest, little newborn!
Elise found her thumb for the first time.
Elise made her first craft.
 April 2015
Carter and Elise took their first bath together.
Carter and Elise met the Easter Bunny at Breakfast with the Bunny.
Elise celebrated her first Easter.
Carter really enjoyed Easter!
We had our first Easter as a family of 4.
Mom and I ran the mile fun run at the Aquarium Run with the kids in the double stroller.
Carter got to give Elise her first bottle.
Ty ran a PR of 24:12 at the Get Busy Livin 5k!
I ran the race just under a month postpartum.
Elise turned one month old!
 
Gma and Gpa came to visit and Elise wore an outfit that belonged to me as a baby.
Elise tried out my dress I came home from the hospital in.
We met Addison, my best friend Erin's daughter, who is one month younger than Elise.
 May 2015
Elise went to her first wedding and slept through everything including the reception.
We took some professional family photos.
We celebrated Ty's 29th birthday and I surprised him with tickets to the movies.
Auntie Ang came to visit and to meet Elise.
We celebrated Mother's Day in true fashion with me ending the day with potty on my pants and throw up on my shirt.
Elise made her first trip to Topeka and met both sets of paternal great grandparents.
Elise turned 2 months old.
 
Carter got his own library card so he could sign up for the summer reading program.
We bought a new car, a van!
 June 2015
 Ty andI went on a date to a Ben Harper concert.
Elise completed the summer reading program for the first time.
Carter completed the summer reading program for the 3rd time.
Elise turned 3 months old.
 
We celebrated Father's Day and Carter chose to make his daddy green muffins.
 July 2015
Carter got his first professional haircut, thanks to Gma and Gpa.
Elise got to meet her Uncle Paul and Aunt Amanda for the first time.
Elise got to wear a dress that was her Gma's as a baby.
Elise went swimming for the first time in our kiddie pool in the backyard.
We celebrated Independence Day with friends.
And family.

Ty and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary.
Elise went to the pool for the first time and slept through most of it.
Elise turned 4 months old.
 
Me made a trip to St. Louis and Elise met her maternal set of great grandparents.
I celebrated my 29th birthday.
We had this moment at storytime when Carter heard it was bubble time, possibly my favorite photo of the year!
  August 2015
We celebrated my parents' 35th wedding anniversary.
We babysat 4 friends and had a house full of 6 kids for a few days!
Elise tried her first bites of food, sweet potato.
Elise turned 5 months old.
 
Elise found her feet.
September 2015
Carter went on his first train ride.
We ran the Little Balkans Days 5k and I ran a post-Elise PR of 22:15.
Elise turned 6 months old.
 
We picked out pumpkins.
And Elise painted her first pumpkin.
 October 2015
Elise went on her first trip to the pumpkin patch.
We ran the Zoo Run 5k and I ran another a post-Elise PR of 21:54.
Elise got to play with the inside of a pumpkin when Carter and I gutted Ty's pumpkin for him.
We ran the Prairie Fire Half Marathon and I finished in 1:41:08.
Elise got her first tooth, well two at the same time!
We ran the Twilight Thriller 5k and Ty won the costume contest.
Elise turned 7 months old.
We ran the Hearts and Halloween 5k with Ty again winning the costume contest and me running an overall postpartum PR of 20:56.
We went trick-or-treating with some friends.
 November 2015
We ran the Run to the Lights 5k and got to spend some time in Silver Dollar City.
We talked about what we were thankful for.
Elise turned 8 months.
We ran the Route 66 half marathon and I finished in a postpartum PR of 1:35:43.
We celebrated Thanksgiving with Ty's family.
We ran the Turkey Trot 5k and did the fun run with Carter and Elise.
We celebrated Thanksgiving with my family.
Elise met Santa for the first time.
 December 2015
Carter turned 3 years old!
We went to lots of Christmas storytimes, a few were jammy storytimes.
We ran the Jingle Bell Run 5k and Carter did the fun run.
We celebrated Carter's birthday with a lion themed party per his request.

Elise started crawling.
Carter and Elise posed with Santa again.
Elise turned 9 months old.
Elise started pulling up to her knees.
We celebrated Christmas.
Elise enjoyed her first Christmas.
Elise experienced snow for the first time.

2 comments: