Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Funny Stuff Carter Says

Jeremy Update:

Today was again a fairly stable day. There were some ICP spikes up into the mid and upper 20's which we hate to see, but he was staying under 20 for the most part. The neurosurgeon would like his CPP to be above 65 and his ICP below 25. Before he wanted his ICP below 20 and his CPP above 50. I understand they really would have liked his CPP to be higher, but given his conditions it was at times not possible for it to be much above 50. Now that he's doing better they want to keep his CPP higher. I'm not sure why the change in ICP as the more pressure there is, the lower his CPP gets. His CPP was in the 70's all day yesterday and today so we are quite pleased with that as it means plenty of blood is getting to his brain to keep neurons alive. If not enough blood gets to his brain, meaning his CPP gets low, neurons begin to die. With his new medication they have him hooked up to an EEG machine so they can monitor his brain activity. The neurosurgeon said they were looking for 3-5 bursts of activity every minute. Yesterday I was watching the machine and counting 7-9 bursts each minute. Today my parents noticed there were continuous bursts on the machine. We were concerned that meant he is feeling and processing pain but the doctor assured us he is not since his ICP and blood pressure are not increasing. If they were increasing then we'd know he's feeling pain. The doctor wasn't concerned about the continuous activity on the EEG so I'm trying not to worry about it either but I'm wondering if his brain is able to rest enough to recover if that much is going on. Today while facetiming with his Gma, Carter said, "I'm angry because Uncie J is hurt. He is my friend and I care about him a lot. I don't want him to be hurt." It was very sweet. On to funny stuff our little guy says...

One day Carter was laying in bed swinging Big Al around while saying, "Big Al, you little guy, you!" I don't know why it cracked me up so much, but I couldn't stop laughing. Then Carter said, "I doing that because you laughing." He is so sweet!
I asked Carter to make some silly faces for me.

Randomly one day at lunch: Turtles and guacemole both green. We weren't even eating guacemole.

Carter: I lonely.
Me: Why?
Carter: I just woke up from my nap and I sleep alone.

I had just put Elise down and Harper started to go into her room, Carter said, "Come on, Harper. Come in here. Let sissy sleep!"

While singing: I like things. I love stuff. Harper likes poop!

Opa: I'm going to fix the water at Thomas' house and pick up the dogs.
Carter: That'll be fun!

One day at naptime he was shaking Big Al (who makes a rattling sound) while laying in bed, then he said, "Big Al, be quiet!"

Elmo and Buddy are in bed crying for me. I better go check on them.

While dancing he yells: To the rescue!

He was looking at my phone and saw a picture of him and Elise as my background.
Carter and sissy at Gma, Gpa's house. We are both cute!

Harper was biting and licking her leg. No Harper, no bite! You can lick, but no bite!

Carter: I can't run because my legs are tired.
Me: You played hard, didn't you?
Carter: Yep, with my friends. I have a lot of friends.

Nasty Harper! while chasing her through the house.

While climbing a tree, Gpa said climb on the big ones, not the little ones. The little ones will break and you will fall. He said, that will happen! He was afraid I would fall.

Carter: Why did you pull a booger out of sissy's nose?
Me: So she can breathe better.
Carter: But they are there to keep germs out.
Me: Yes, but if you have too many it makes it hard to breathe.

A few days later while driving in the car...
Carter: I can't breathe!
Me: Why? Is it too hot back there?
Carter: No, I'm not hot. I have too many boogers in my nose!

Carter: I'm call you Map.
Me: Why?
Carter: Because I don't like your mom name, Elizabeth

After doing his Advent Calendar one morning,
I'm waiting a long, long time for Santa.

While Elise was crawling,
Good job! Almost got it sis! Make it to the purple and we're done!

One morning he wanted to go outside to play and I told him he had to put shoes on because the ground was too wet. Then I let Harper out to go potty.
No, Harper! Mommy said the grass is, too wet. Get off the grass!

Carter: I really want to eat it but I can't because my teeth is sore.
Me: Why are your teeth sore?
Carter: Because I ate a sucker.

We saw a lost glove on the ground.
Someone lost their glove. Them hand will be cold!

That's not a good choice! yelled at Elise as she pulled an ornament off our Christmas tree.

I'm really excited about my birthday because my birthday is coming up!

To Elise after kissing her head, I like your germs. They're spicy!

Carter: I got my own milk!
Me: Great! Did you spill any?
Carter: Just a little on my chest and the chair.
Me: Did you clean it up?
Carter: No, I didn't want to because it was your fault.

We were reading a book called The Cow Loves Cookies and in it the cow on the farm eats cookies. Carter was very distraught saying, Cookies are for Santa! Not for cows!

Elise was screeching in her high chair so Carter turned to her and said, Sissy, just say, I need attention!

We were driving in the car when Carter said, Let's learn about shapes. You teach daddy. I'll teach sissy and Harper. The roof of a house is a triangle as he pointed to it out the car window.

No shirt, no shoes, no service! No pantelones, no shoes, no service!

He was upset and when he looked at Elise she was smiling so he said, No sissy, no smiling!

He came running into the room with pretend soda bottles from his play food set and yelling, Who wants caffeine!

I sleep till my brain hurts. Then I go get a band aid when I'm bigger. So I can reach.

I don't like onion. Me and George (meaning Curious George) don't like onion. I just like good foods, like eggs.

I really like Iron Man. I should probably stop watching Caillou after my chores and start watching that.

Night, night. Sweet dreams. Don't let the bugs bite. Merry Christmas time. I love you! said almost every night during December and part of January.

Carter: Will you carry me around the house, mommy?
Me: Why?
Carter: Because I'm not comfy on the floor. I'm comfy when you snuggle me.

Gma: Grandpa is watching KU.
Carter: Why he watching Caillou? I watch Caillou!

He says "Sissy is so cute!" all day long! He also says, "I love you so much, I could eat you up!" or "I'll eat you up, I love you so!" like in "Where the Wild Things Are". 

No comments:

Post a Comment