3. Baby Kisses- I swear I could spend all day long kissing Carter all over his body. Anytime he's in my arms I'm kissing the top of his head, the side of his head, his neck, his cheeks, wherever I can reach. During diaper changes it's all about kissing his chubby thighs and tiny tummy. I can't get enough kisses! When I'm working the best part of my day is picking him up from daycare, feeling him in my arms, and covering him with kisses. During the school year I live for the moment I walk into his classroom, see his face, and receive a smile in return. Now when Carter can actually kiss me back, I will be in heaven!
4. Sunsets- I'm a Kansas girl at heart and I can't get enough of the beautiful sunsets we see in this part of the country. When I travel I'm always disappointed by the sunsets. There's something about a beautiful sunset that just does my heart good!
|Pictures just never do them justice!|
5. My Daily Runs- When I've had a rough day it's the perfect way to unwind and calm down. When I've had a great day it's the perfect time to think back over the day's events and marvel in what life has to offer. When I'm feeling lazy, it perks me up. The best thing about running these days is looking down at my precious son discovering the world around him as we go.
6. Carter's Smiles- I'd say I spend the majority of my days attempting to get Carter to smile. You just can't be anything but happy when he flashes you one of his gummy grins!
7. The A-ha Moments- The very best part of my job is seeing the spark in my students' eyes. Whether it comes from finally understanding a difficult concept, reaching a goal, figuring out a tricky word while reading, or learning something new. That look they get in their eyes when they feel successful, that's what it's all about. It's the best feeling as a teacher knowing I helped them get there.
8. Family Time- Those times when we are all together. I love experiencing firsts as a family, just Ty, Carter, and myself. I also enjoy time with my entire family: my mom, my dad, Ty, Carter, and my 2 brothers. There's just something about everyone being together that makes you feel whole. Time with Ty's family together: his mom, his dad, his brother and sister-in-law has the same effect, but unfortunately doesn't happen nearly as often with his brother and sister-in-law in Florida.
9. Hugs- The very best hugs are the hugs I get from Ty when he first gets home from work and the hugs I get from my students. The best part about Ty hugs is how he envelopes me and holds me close. His arms feel like the safest place in the world. I love the feeling of his neck against my cheek and the way he smells. As much as I love those hugs, it is hard to beat a hug from a first or second grader. They are short enough that their arms are naturally at your waist and they squeeze their head into your stomach. The best are the unexpected hugs when they come up and wrap you up and tell you they love you, all just because.
10. Sleepy Nap Eyes- When Carter goes down for a nap I do a great job getting things done for the first 30 minutes to an hour. Then I start getting antsy wishing he would wake up so we can play. When he finally does wake up there aren't many sights that measure up to looking down into his crib and being greeted by his sleepy little just woken up eyes. A sweet smile always accompanies those eyes like there is nothing he'd rather see when he wakes up than my face.