Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween

Yesterday Ty showed me an adorable picture of a lion playing with a jack-o-lantern which led to me watching videos of different zoo animals eating/playing with pumpkins.  My favorite was a baby elephant smashing a giant pumpkin.  I couldn't get it to embed into this post, so check it out here.
Such a cute, little lion!  Picture found here.
All of the pumpkin videos got me in the right mindset for Halloween.  Carter started the day in a jack-o-lantern onesie which he'd already soiled by lunchtime when I went to visit him.  He ended up with 2 clothing changes at daycare today.  So glad I didn't dress him in his costume!  A new little 6 week old was wearing her ladybug costume today and looked precious!

In true Halloween style during our writing time today a student came up to my table where I was working with a group of students to inform me that there was a scorpion walking around by where he was working.  I assured him it must just look like a scorpion, but as I approached the animal I recognized the curled up tail immediately.  I couldn't believe there was actually a scorpion in our classroom.  I had the students closest to it move a little bit away "so they didn't scare the scorpion and get hurt".  I caught it in a cup, talk about heart pounding, and released it outside.
Imagine this sucker crawling around on your floor.  Source here.
When I picked Carter up from daycare after school I was greeted with an art project he had created during the day.  They also gave me an art project he created earlier in the week by rolling a marble around.  His teacher said that was his favorite one.  Little man loves things that roll, especially wheels!
Today's art project.

Marble art!
We went for a run and then headed home to get ready for trick or treating.  I showered while Carter played in his jumperoo and then it was time to get him in his Robin costume.  He looked so cute and kept reaching back to grab his cape.  

I wanted to take pictures before we headed out, but Carter just wasn't having it.  After this weekend whenever he's with me he wants me to hold him constantly and kept crying when I sat him down.  Finally I wised up, brought Harper in, had her run around in front of Carter, and he stopped crying.  Thank goodness for Harper, I finally got some pictures!
Starting to fuss while sucking his thumb.

"Pick me up now!"

Was that flash of black and white Harper running by?



We took some pictures and then Ty got home.  We all headed out to visit a couple of neighbors for trick or treating.  Carter was holding his pumpkin bucket, but dropped it immediately when we walked outside.  We just went to 2 of neighbors' houses to say trick or treat and then it was time to head home and get Carter ready for bed.

Happy Halloween!
Carter enjoyed his first Halloween!  I can't believe his last first holiday will be Thanksgiving.  This first year has gone by so quickly!  I hope you all had a great Halloween!

4 comments:

  1. Harper to the rescue! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those "cry faces" get one's heart every single time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so sad! I hated it, but I HAD to have pictures of him in his first Halloween costume!

      Delete