Friday, October 18, 2013

Fall Break Day 2

This morning started a little earlier than yesterday with a wake-up cry at 4:30 am.  I made a deal with Ty a while back that if Carter wakes up after 4 in the morning I get to bring him to our bed so I can nurse him while laying down.  So Carter came to bed with us, nursed, rolled as close to me as he could, and went back to sleep.  He didn't wake up again until 8:30.  We started our day playing and cuddling in bed again.  Seriously wish we could start every day that way!

We played all morning, read books and went for a run.  Harper went with us on our run which makes Carter laugh so hard.  In the car as he was laughing I looked to see what he was doing, only to see his hand stretched out of his car seat toward Harper and she was licking it.  Lovely.  I'm sure that's only going to get worse as he gets older. 

I had a 3:30 appointment at Carter's doctor for him to get a flu shot so of course he didn't fall asleep for his afternoon nap until 2:30 since we needed to leave at 3:00 for his appointment.  I hated waking him up especially to go get a shot, but it had to be done.  I'm used to him getting multiple shots in one appointment so it was really nice only getting one.  She had the shot in and done before he even got a full cry out.  I praised him, told him how sweet and brave he was, just like I always do.  This time he looked up at me as I talked, smiled, and that was it.  I couldn't believe it.

After his doctor's appointment we headed for the aquarium.  Each time we go he responds to the fish a little bit differently than the last time.  Today he looked at the fish and smiled.  He even laughed at a few of them, one being the sharks.  Seriously?!!?  That's one brave boy! 

I've loved every moment of these past 2 days.  Do I really have to go back to work on Monday?  I'm already looking forward to Thanksgiving Break to have a few more extra days home with little man.
 






2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the flu shot went so well. And it sounds he'll like watching shark week with Uncle Thomas.

    ReplyDelete