Sunday, October 6, 2013

Another Wonderful Weekend

We had another great weekend.  My parents and brother came to visit.  They arrived on Friday evening and we all ran the Zoo Run 5k on Saturday, more on that to come tomorrow.  My best friend, Ang, is staying with us this month for a rotation at a hospital here in town, so we had lots of company!
Cuddles with Auntie Ang.

Saturday morning we ran the race.  I took a nap with Carter and then we all went shopping.  We got home, tried some pumpkin beer, played games, and went to bed at a decent time.  On Sunday we went to visit my mom's cousin and his wife for her birthday.  Carter got lots of attention and snuggles from family.
Matching Uncie Tommy.
My parents brought their dogs so we had a house full of animals.  Carter loves dogs and especially loves the very small dogs.  Every time he sees them he laughs.  At one point my mom was holding him and both of the small dogs jumped up on her lap.  Carter loved every minute of it and excitedly slapped their backs.
Carter with the small dogs.

We got lots of rain Friday evening which washed most of the paint off Carter's pumpkin.  Luckily we had taken his picture with the pumpkin once in regular clothes and I had taken it again on Thursday with a special Halloween onesie on.  I was sad to see the paint gone because looking at the pumpkin everyday brought me such joy, but the backside still had a decent amount of paint so I spun it around.
When I took his picture on Thursday he was loving the dead leaves pushed up against our porch.  He kept grabbing them and playing with them.  I would pull the leaves out of his hand when he started to reach up toward his mouth.  He was really fast one time as I was taking pictures and got some leaf in his mouth.  I think he may have actually swallowed a little bit of it because he was coughing later on.  Definitely earned mother of the year award for that one!
Woo hoo, leaves are great!
OMGeeee, mommy isn't stealing the leaves away...

Nom nom nom!!!!

2 comments: