Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday Randomness

Carter has picked up some new tricks at daycare.  One day I was there for lunch and set him on the ground to play with me.  He started scooting backward while sitting up until he was underneath the rocking chair.  He thought it was hilarious and just laughed and laughed.  In the classroom he will roll over to the toy shelf, push all the toys out and then roll into the shelf.  His teacher sent me a picture of him in the shelf and it cracked me up, he is such a silly boy!
Scooting around on the floor at daycare.
Oh, just hanging out in the shelf!
We got our security system installed yesterday.  It's so nice to feel a little bit safer.  The only problem was last night the alarm went off in the middle of the night at 4:30 am.  Carter is the only thing around here allowed to wake me up at that time!  We're not sure why it triggered, but it was all out of whack and they had to send someone out to fix it today.

Tonight I got to put on a fashion show for Ty and Ang.  One of my co-workers and mom to one of my students gave me a big bag of clothes that no longer fit her to replace some of the clothes I lost when we were robbed.  It was so nice of her and all of the clothes were so cute and in great condition!  My favorite item was a pair of Gap leggings.  Talk about soft and comfy!  I'm wearing them right now and am contemplating never taking them off...

Carter has been enjoying rides on shoulders lately.  He laughs and bounces and cracks up.  I've done it a few times with him and he's just a hoot!  I was afraid he'd lean too much and start to slip, but he's all business up there!
Hitching a ride in Target.

I originally planned to title this post randomness and some exciting news, but was afraid some of you might get excited thinking the news was a pregnancy.  Although I'd think you all would know if that's what the news was, you'd see a big ole picture of an ultrasound at the top of the post.  Anyway, I have some exciting news...  I found out today that I have been nominated for Teacher of the Year.  With such an amazing school and so many fabulous teachers, it is such an honor to be nominated.  I am beside myself with excitement! 
I'll leave you with a pic of Carter and his Auntie Ang!

2 comments: