Thursday, October 17, 2013

Fall Break Day 1

Today was my first full day home with Carter for fall break.  There's something about being home just him and me that is completely divine.  My other co-teachers have been texting and posting pictures of their trips/vacations over fall break and although it looks like fun, there's no way I'd rather spend my break than hanging out with Carter.  No traveling, just chillin in the house.

This morning Carter slept late.  I woke up a little after 8:00 and he slept until 8:30!  I really needed that extra sleep.  With the half marathon this weekend and Carter waking up multiple times I was wiped!  Then follow that with conferences Tuesday night and I was worn out!  When Carter woke up I brought him in bed with me to nurse and then we snuggled and played peek-a-boo under the covers.  Lazy mornings playing in bed are my favorites!

Then we just hung out around home, looking out the window, playing with Harper, and attempting to interest Carter in crawling.  I even had a dream last night that he crawled for the first time.  Needless to say, I'm eagerly awaiting that milestone!  He's still not too interested, but he fakes me out from time to time.

Playing with the hair he ripped out of Harper's tail.

Poor Harper, he got the chunk before I noticed he had ahold of her tail.
I had grand plans of grocery shopping and going to the aquarium, but neither happened.  We did go on a run though, so that was a win.  While we were making dinner Carter happily sat on the floor playing with a piece of tupperware and a spatula.  Love my easy to please little man!

2 comments:

  1. He looks like such a big boy in his jeans, and you can sure see the Harper hair in his hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just can't get enough of him in little jeans! I cracked up about the Harper hair, whoops!

      Delete