Sunday, November 3, 2013

Another Wonderful Weekend

This weekend we had a race on the calendar and my parents and brother came to run it with us.  We had a relaxing yet productive weekend.  The race was on Saturday morning so we should have gone to bed early Friday night.  I was washing and folding laundry and didn't notice what time it was until Ty said he was going to bed.  I checked my phone and it was 12:20 am.  What in the world were we still doing up?!!?

Saturday morning we ran the race and then came home to enjoy "a bowl of shame" for brunch.  Ty likes to make eggs, sausage, cheese, and hashbrowns.  Then put them all in a bowl together and call it a bowl of shame.  I was tired and Carter was ready for a nap.  I debated about what to do.  I really wanted to nap with Carter in our bed, but I was super hungry.  We came to the compromise that I would go lay down with Carter and Ty would bring me breakfast in bed.  Talk about wonderful!  I ate in bed and then took around a 2 hour nap with Carter.  I was ready to go for the day!

When Carter and I woke up everyone had left to do some shopping except for Ty.  We headed out to meet them.  After shopping we headed home for some dinner and played games before bed.  I did more laundry, folded it, and put it away.  I totally rocked it on the laundry front this weekend!
Ty snuggling Skippy and Zuma in the mess of our living room.

Sunday I forgot about the time change and couldn't figure out why I woke up at 7:00 am and couldn't fall back to sleep.  Ty reminded me it was daylight savings and my phone had already switched over meaning it was really like 8:00 am, sweet!  We did some more shopping, I got a flu shot, and then cleaned and vacuumed my car which was much needed!  While I vacuumed my mom scrubbed the doors and console.  We make a great team!
Yay, grammy!
Flying with grampy, where's the cape?!!?

We enjoyed the time with family and look forward to seeing everyone (minus my dad who will be at a conference for work) next weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I looked just for the heck of it, and didn't expect to see a post. :) Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew after Friday and Saturday off posting there would be some very disappointed family members!

      Delete