Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Maybe One Day

Yesterday Ty came home from his run and told me a long story all about this dad he had seen walking at the trail with his daughter.  He described how the dad was wearing a baby carrier and had the little baby girl he guessed was less than 6 months old in it.  He even mentioned the little bow the baby girl was wearing in her hair.

As he relayed the story to me I couldn't help giggling.  It was just so dang cute.  Not just the story, but the look in his eyes as he spoke.  I could tell he was picturing it.  Picturing what it would be like to have a little girl.  When we were pregnant with Carter, Ty always guessed we were having a girl.  He said he did it just to go against me since I was so sure we were having a boy.  I always knew that part of it was that he could picture having a little girl, a daddy's girl.  I can picture it too.
Carter loves his daddy!

He is an amazing dad.  I can picture him with Carter sitting alongside him, fishing together, reading books together, tinkering and fixing things.  All the things dads and boys do together.  But also cooking together, folding clothes together, cleaning house together.  All the things dads normally don't do with boys, but Ty will do because he is also an amazing husband.
Bath time with daddy!
As much as I love seeing him with Carter and picturing what they will do together as Carter grows up, I also love picturing him as the father to a little girl.  I see him as the kind of dad who would try his hardest to fix her hair (although he'd probably be unsuccessful).  I can see him sitting down for tea parties, playing with dolls, brushing Barbie's hair with his daughter.  I also see him showing her how to use a hammer, fix a car, and build things.
What does Carter think?  Sounds good!

I love seeing Ty as a father.  He is a natural.  It's so neat to see him as a dad to our baby boy.  I would also love to some day see him as a dad to a little girl.  If that doesn't happen, maybe uncle to a little girl.  But for now it's fun to dream.  To picture Carter possibly having a little sister.

2 comments: