Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Conferences and Some Poo

This evening I had parent-teacher conferences after school.  I got a bit choked up leaving Carter at lunchtime knowing I wouldn't see him again until after 7 pm.  Ty had agreed to stop by school to pop in and say hello in between conferences since he drives right past my school to go home from daycare.  I was completely booked all evening with conferences so it went by so fast!  I finished up a conference and walked the parents out only to be surprised by Ty standing in the hallway with Carter.  It was crazy how excited I was!  Tomorrow I have conferences in the morning and can leave at 12 pm and then Thursday and Friday we are off for fall break!  I am so excited for 2 and a half extra days home with Carter!!!

Check out my teeth!

Speaking of little man, his top teeth have officially popped through his gums.  I've been watching those white little buds underneath his gums for a while.  One day while nursing he bit me and I had a mark above my nipple.  I knew they must be just skimming that gum.  Now you can see them pushed through and he's gnawing on everything!  This evening when Ty was feeding him he had to take the tray off because Carter was leaning forward to chew the tray.  Thankfully the new teeth also mean more sleep!  Carter has slept through the night the past two nights.  He has been sleeping so much.  Today when Ty picked him up he was napping, at 5:30?!!?  He took 3 hour+ naps at daycare today.  Say what?!!?  Mr. Man must be growing or somethin!
He fell asleep on me after nursing at lunchtime.
He even stayed asleep when I laid him in his crib.

We had a first tonight.  I was giving Carter a bath.  As I drained the bath tub he pooped.  He wasn't too happy about the situation.  Especially because the water was all drained out of the tub and I didn't pull him out because I needed to clean off his bum and legs.  Ty and I rocked some great teamwork.  He used a Target sack to clean the poo out of the tub (straight doggie poop bag style) while I held Carter and pulled some poop out of the drain.  Good times!
I can't wait to spend some extra time with this little man!

2 comments: