Sunday, October 13, 2013

Our Busy Weekend

This weekend my brothers and I were signed up for a half-marathon in a town about 50 minutes away from Thomas' house.  Thomas and I had decided a while back to run a warm-up half-marathon before the main one we are training for (I should say Jeremy I am training for because Thomas has not put in the training) in November.  The location of the race meant not much driving for Thomas who travels most weekends, but about a 3 and a half hour drive for Jeremy and me.  My parents planned to come to watch which meant a 4 hour drive for them.
Carter decided he wanted to feed himself avocado in the car and kept taking it from me.  A mess ensued.

Huge mess in my parents' new car!

We have been waiting to get our new windows installed for a while.  It turned out that the only weekend in October that they would be able to install them was this weekend which meant Ty needed to stay behind.  All fine and dandy except traveling in a car for that long that close to Carter's bedtime is pretty much a no-go if I don't have a way to feed him.  My parents were life savers and decided to pick me up and drive me so I could take care of Carter on the ride and thank goodness because we had a very rough drive home today.  He didn't nap well, one 30-minute nap and two 15-minute naps made for an overtired baby who wanted to be held.
The only way he would nap today.

I ended up falling asleep too.

On our way down on Friday I realized I forgot to pack Carter's pack n play.  It's something Ty always loads for me because it's heavy, so without him around to help pack I forgot it.  Which meant Carter slept in bed with me.  At Thomas' house it worked great because his bed is pushed against the wall so Carter had me on one side and the wall on the other side.  It was also nice to not have to get up in the middle of the night to go get him when he cried.  He's been waking up multiple times at night due to teething.  His top 2 teeth popped through this weekend so I'm crossing everything I have that he starts sleeping better now!
Sleeping in Uncie Tommy's bed.

Saturday night we had a room with 2 double beds.  I slept in bed with Carter and put 6 pillows in a wall on the other side of him and it worked out surprisingly well.  I put him to bed and then got ready for bed myself.  I was cracking up because he rolled around in bed until he was sleeping across the entire head section of the bed.  Luckily he was so hard asleep I was able to lift his legs and slide him around so I could get in bed next to him.  He woke up twice, once at 2am and once at 4am and was awake for 30 minutes both times.  Then I got up at 6:30am for the half-marathon.  I'm a tired momma now!  Especially because I went to bed at midnight Friday night, he woke up a couple times in the middle of the night, and then was up for the day at 6:45am.  Better go to sleep early tonight!
My bed hog!
Across the head part of the bed.
Carter loved having the attention of his grammy, grampy, and both uncles!  It was such a fun weekend!  My favorite quote of the weekend came from Thomas.  He said, "Carter makes me feel like a bad ass because when he's crying and I pick him up he stops."  So true.  Carter makes my life so much better!

2 comments:

  1. "Running Momma" and no results from the race? :) Cute pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coming today, that was a more involved post than I was feeling up to last night. Plus I like to link up for Move it Monday!

      Delete