Tuesday, August 13, 2013

First Day Back: Success!

Today was my first day back at work.  I was really nervous about it and feeling a bit down in the dumps about not being with Carter.  Thankfully it went really well.  This morning as I was getting ready I decided it was my goal to hold the tears in, so I put on regular mascara rather than water proof.  I was very proud of myself that I didn't cry.
Wouldn't you want to cry having to leave this face?!!

Our schedule was a little bit wonky because we had Meet the Teacher Night.  Students get to come meet their teachers, bring school supplies, fill out paper work, and see their classrooms.  It is held from 3-6pm.  Since we had to stay late we didn't report to work until 10:40 am.  It was nice to have a relaxed morning hanging out with Carter.  I got to nurse him twice and he took a little 30 minute nap.  I dropped him off at daycare feeling a little bit sad but I knew I would get to see him at lunch.

I arrived at school right at 10:40.  I really know how to time it these days!  I finished getting everything together for Meet the Teacher and then left to go see Carter at 12:10.  It was such a short time away, but it was a stretch without any students so it was actually the most I missed him.  I got to stay with him much longer than I normally do since I didn't have to get back to pick my students up from recess.

Walking back into the school was the closest I got to crying.  I teared up, but didn't let it happen.  It was hard because I knew I had 5 and a half hours until I would get to see Carter again.  Once the kids started arriving I was so busy and so excited to see them, that I didn't have time to think about how much I missed Carter.  For some reason I was really worried about Ty picking Carter up from daycare.  He wanted me to remind him which made me paranoid he was going to forget to get him.  My phone went off around 4:00 and I panicked thinking the daycare was calling me to tell me Carter hadn't been picked up.  Then I realized what time it was and how ridiculous that was.  Ty remembered to pick Carter up and had no trouble.

It was hard getting home just in time to get Carter ready for bed.  Momma needs her snuggles!  Is it bad that I'm glad he's still waking up once during the night so I get to hold him again?  I'm excited for this school year.  It's going to be such a good year.  We have an amazing group of 2nd graders and seeing our new first graders I can already tell they're precious!  I just always forget how little incoming 1st graders are.  It seems like every year I'm surprised by how tiny they are!  Now tomorrow I get to do it all over again with last names M-Z.  Hopefully it will be just as successful!
Harper supervising floor playtime.  Too cute not to share!

1 comment:

  1. And Harper is always dressed to supervise play time since she always wears her ref outfit.