Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sick Baby Update

Checkin in on me?  I'm okay!
Monday was hard.  So hard.  Carter's normal teacher switched her hours around so she could drop her kids off at school on the first day.  That meant not only did I have to drop off a sick baby, but I had to drop him off with someone different.  After dropping him off I cried the whole way to work.  When I went to tell my co-teacher what was going on I couldn't help it and started up again.  Poor thing, she felt so bad for me.  
Poor baby still has a rash.
I called to check on Carter during my plan time.  He was still running a low-grade temp and was fussier than usual, but was still eating well.  His rash had seemed to clear up by Sunday evening, but was back in full force.  Since it was the first day of school we ate in the cafeteria with our students so I didn't get to see Carter at lunchtime.  After school the buses were running late.  By the time I got all the kids on the bus and packed up it was 45 minutes later than when I usually leave.  I was a mess of emotions and dying to see little Mr. Carter man.  When I walked in and saw his face (it looked even more broken out) I started crying.  His teacher assured me he did fine and not to worry that he had been well taken care of.  So if you haven't noticed a trend, Monday involved lots of tears.  Somewhat of an embarrassing amount of tears, but it's over and done with.
What?!  Why all the tears, momma?

Yesterday Carter was fever free all day and acting back to normal.  His rash was still pretty awful looking, but didn't seem to bother him.  The bus situation after school went a bit smoother and I left 15 minutes earlier than Monday, hurray!
He's still pretty content, just looks tired constantly.

Today the students ate in the cafeteria by themselves for the first time and I got to see Carter.  It was wonderful and made the afternoon not seem so long.  The buses were on-time and I was able to leave just 5 minutes later than usual.  Carter was very talkative and giggly all day.  He took 3 naps which is pretty much unheard of at daycare.  I'm thinking that's a good sign.  I'm hoping for a rash free baby soon.  I've been holding off on taking his 8 month pictures until his skin's cleared up, so I'm really late with getting that post up.

Still giving out smiles.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! His rash is impressive. So are his teeth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty gnarly huh? You can see why I freaked out a little bit!

      Delete
    2. Yes, and looking at it again, I still wouldn't have guessed it was fifths disease. I wonder if it's because he's so young?

      Delete