Tuesday, March 5, 2013

The Final Countdown

When I think of my return to work “The Final Countdown” starts blasting in my head.  I picture myself as a tough momma.  I’m dressed in my new polka dot shirt I bought for my first day back to make myself feel a little better.  I walk up to school with no tears pull my badge out to the rhythm of the song, type in my code, and head in for the day.  I have the toughness of a boxer going into battle.  Isn’t that what it takes on your first day away from your baby?

I know that my first day back will most likely involve tears.  I mean how could it not?  For some reason this vision helps me feel strong enough to make it through a day not being by my precious baby’s side.  I know each day it will get easier.  I will have to keep that in mind on Thursday.
I am the type of person who prepares for everything.  My running side comes out and I want to “train” for what is to come.  When I was pregnant I did planks, special core exercises, and continued running to train my body for labor and delivery.  I know the only way to train for leaving my son at daycare is to leave him now, but I just can’t bring myself to do it.  The longest I’ve been away from him is 3 hours.  Now I just have to double that and add a few hours and I’ll make it through a work day.  I’m afraid I’ve set myself up for failure.
So cue the techno beat fit for a boxer entering the ring.  The countdown is in full force, T-Minus 2 days.  Just gotta keep listening to this song and picturing myself as a tough momma!  I can do this…

No comments:

Post a Comment