Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Feeling Blessed



Today as I was holding Carter during his lunchtime feeding I felt so blessed.  When we first decided on our daycare I hoped it would work out for me to go feed him over my lunch break.  I knew it might take too long to drive there.  I knew Carter may take too long to eat.  I knew he may not end up eating at the time I had my lunch, but I was hopeful.  I still can’t believe it has worked out so perfectly and I am grateful every single day!  
Spending time with my little man at lunch is such a blessing!
My dreams have come true, all starting with two lines that showed up on our first pregnancy test, blessing number 1.  We made it through the first trimester with a healthy baby, blessing number 2.  I wanted to run for as long into pregnancy as possible, but knew I might have to switch to walking at some point.  My last run before Carter was born came the night before he arrived, blessing number 3.  My goal was to have a natural childbirth.  Labor and delivery went exactly as I had dreamed it would (minus going into labor before 37 weeks), another blessing.  Carter, although technically premature, was born healthy and fully developed.  He scored 9 out of 10 and 10 out of 10 on his Apgar tests.  Chalk up another blessing.

The transition back to running has been easier than I expected, although slow and sore at first.  I had pictured in my head the perfect scenario of Carter enjoying the stroller and running all of my runs with me.  It has worked out just as I had hoped.  He sleeps through most runs and when he’s awake, happily looks around.  He hasn’t fussed or been upset during a single run.  Seriously, how can so much good fortune be bestowed on one person?

Today as I was running with Carter in the stroller, I couldn’t help but feel full, complete, and blessed beyond words.  It was a beautiful, sunny, 65 degrees.  Who wouldn’t feel blessed?  As I was finishing my run a woman ran past me, gave me a thumbs up, and said you rock!  Then a man walked by and asked how I was.  I responded with great, how are you?  He said feeling blessed.  My sentiments exactly.

No comments:

Post a Comment