Sunday, March 3, 2013

We are Rolling!

On Carter’s one month birthday he rolled over twice.  The next day he rolled over again.  I spent every day for the following week trying to capture him rolling over on video.  But he never rolled over again.  At his 2 month check-up he rolled over on the examining table.  But just like before, didn’t do it again.  What the heck little man?  I was being a spaz holding my phone and camcorder videoing him every time he was on his tummy, but nothing! 

Finally on Friday he did it again, and again, and again, and again.  Until he finally screamed to tell me, mommy enough is enough!  Now anytime he is on his tummy he pretty much immediately rolls over to his back.  I think the difference now is that he has figured out how to do it.  Before he just got lucky and happened to move everything together at the right time.  Now he understands how to kick his leg and flip over.  He can roll over without a pillow propping him up, but he fusses the whole time and it takes a while!

It’s so exciting!  I’m so proud of my little mover and shaker!  Not too shabby for a baby born 4 weeks early.  Everything I read said he would probably be a little bit behind developmentally since he was technically premature, but he’s right on target!
Please forgive my over-excited screeches at the end of the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment