Friday, July 14, 2017

6 Years

This post is a little late as our 6 year wedding anniversary was on Sunday but with the excitement of seeing Paul, Amanda, and Wyatt the week beforehand, I forgot to take our traditional anniversary picture. It worked out great doing the pictures late because my mom took them for us and was able to get the kids' attention so they were the best pictures yet! Normally we use the self timer and we end up with one good picture. This year we had lots of poses and it was hard to pick which picture was my favorite. It was really nice having our anniversary the weekend we were in Topeka because we were able to go on a date Saturday to celebrate. Rocky and Leina were kind enough to watch the kids, tent in the living room and all, so we could sneak out for a bit. We enjoyed dinner, drinks, live music, and watching the sunset over the lake. It was a wonderful evening. Then when we got home on Sunday we enjoyed all of our traditional anniversary activities. We watched our wedding video, I put on my dress, and we danced to our song along with a couple other songs. Keeping up with tradition, I'm adding the extra song we danced to this year to our list to later make an anniversary mix. It's also fun to see what songs were popular each year. Not only did we dance to our song and the song listed, we also repeated Thomas Rhett and Ed Sheeran because both those songs are just too good! Here's our list so far:

2011- Whatever It Is by Zac Brown Band
2012- Feet Don't Touch the Ground by Stoney LaRue
2013- Born to Love You by Ben Harper
2014- I Don't Dance by Lee Brice
2015- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
2016- Die A Happy Man by Thomas Rhett
2017- Slow Hands by Niall Horan

 
 

And for our annual anniversary picture collage. It is so neat to see how our family has grown over the years from 2 to 3 to 4 and now to larger children! I'm feeling a little emotional over how tall Carter looks standing next to me and how huge Elise looks in the pictures where I'm holding her!
Previous anniversary posts can be found: last year here, 2015 here, 2014 here, and 2013 here. Some fun related posts are my wedding day memories here, Ty's wedding day memories here, and my wedding week memories here. It has been a wonderful and eventful 6 years and I look forward to many more with my main man and our two precious babies!

4 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so good long like this! The picture turned out beautifully! I can't believe how TALL Carter is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hadn't straightened my hair in forever but forgot to pack my mousse that makes my hair less crazy when I air dry it, so I had no choice, haha!

      Delete
  2. It is neat to look back and see them all.

    ReplyDelete