Friday, July 11, 2014

Our 3rd Anniversary

Yesterday evening Ty arrived home from his work trip.  I was holding Carter and we were heading into the laundry room when we looked out the window and saw Ty emerge from his car.  The biggest grin spread across my face and I screamed "daddy" to Carter as my stomach flipped over in excitement.  We immediately dashed out the door and ran to give Ty a big group hug.  Carter was laughing and exclaiming "daddy" over and over!  When we got inside I set Carter down so I could get a full-on big hug.  Carter allowed it for a moment and then slipped between our legs and wrapped one arm around my leg and the other around Ty's leg and fussed.  We took our family picture before I headed out to a tutoring appointment.  As I was changing back into my regular clothes Carter climbed all over Ty.
I should have held our number 3 candle over more so it would stand out against my dress.  Oops!
Laughing because Ty accidentally hit the rapid fire button.

I rushed back home after tutoring and changed back into my date night clothes.  We headed out to a fancy restaurant I had been saving a gift card to that I had received from a student.  Carter was tired because he'd only napped for an hour and a half and we were eating dinner late so he had no interest in sitting still.  Ty took him out to walk around for a while after we ordered.  When Carter was finished eating he began to climb all over me and I began to wish we'd gone with a high chair rather than a booster seat.  I took him outside to walk around and he excitedly exclaimed "daddy" over and over as we walked around.  Little mister just couldn't get enough of his daddy! 
When we got home Ty showed me their new trick they had picked up while I was tutoring.  Carter would step up on Ty's foot while holding onto Ty's hand and Ty would lift his foot, bouncing Carter in the air.  We gave Carter a quick bath and he was off to bed.  Once Carter was down I changed into my wedding dress and Ty had already pulled up our song, Whatever It Is by Zac Brown Band, while I was in the other room.  We danced to our first dance song, watched our wedding video, and reminisced over the past 3 years.  On our first anniversary we had entered the second trimester with Carter.  Last year Carter was 6 months old and now we have a walking, talking, blast of an 18 month old son!  It has been an amazing 3 years and we couldn't be happier with how our life together has unfolded!  We are excited to see what year number 4 has in store for us!
After I made our anniversary picture collage, I wished I had included a wedding picture, so I made another collage with a wedding picture.

8 comments:

  1. I like the video and pictures. Ty loves blue shirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's because he looks so handsome in blue. It makes his eyes pop!

      Delete
  2. What a nice anniversary celebration! Thought of you on your special day.
    Love, Leina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was wonderful! Ty coming home after being gone for a few days made it even more special!

      Delete
  3. I love how you put all your pictures together and that you still put your wedding dress back on to dance together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I use picmonkey.com. It is free and fabulous!!!

      Delete