Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Little Things



Some days when I pick Carter up from daycare as I hold him I miss him so much that I wish I could push him back inside of me.  That way I could have him with me everywhere I go.  Then I think of pregnancy and it’s all the little things that make me appreciative of where we are.
Wow, I was HUGE!
It’s Carter’s smile and the feel of his hair against my lips as I kiss the top of his head.  The sleepy smiles he gives me when he first wakes up.  It’s being able to bend over to tie my shoes in the morning.  Looking at Carter’s face while I run rather than feeling it pressed against my bladder.  Walking down the hall at work without being asked when my due date is.  Cleaning Skippy’s kitty litter box, I’m grateful that I can now help Ty out with that easy but unpleasant chore.  I slept on my stomach the night Carter was born and it was glorious!  There are so many things I didn’t even know I missed until I was able to do them again.

I loved being pregnant.  Honestly, I miss feeling Carter kick against my stomach.  Some weird part of me enjoyed the challenge running while pregnant presented.  There were parts of pregnancy that weren’t the best, but I enjoyed almost every moment.  Will I do it again?  Yes, God willing.  Will it be any time soon?  Heck no!  But I hope next time around will be just as enjoyable as it was with Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment