Friday, April 19, 2013

Happy Birthday, Harper!



Birthday Cuddles

Yesterday was Harper’s birthday.  Every year we have a birthday party for her.  Usually we get her a toy and a little treat.  We planned to do some cleaning because Ty’s parents are coming for the weekend and then have her party after that.  Well, it didn’t happen.  
 
Harper's first birthday.  The panda was a present from her Auntie Ang.
We changed the sheets on the guest bed and then Ty started playing with Harper and I joined in.  I was in an awkward position playing and then Ty picked Harper up to cuddle her.  Next thing I knew I was waking up with a sore neck and arms.  I asked Ty why he didn’t wake me and he said he didn’t think anyone could actually sleep like that, so he didn’t think I was asleep.  
This is how I fell asleep.  I can understand why Ty didn't think I was asleep.
Needless to say, her birthday party was a day late.  Good thing she had no idea!  It’s hard to believe she’s already 5 years old.  Man how time flies and things change!  5 years ago when I named Harper no one had heard of the name and always assumed she was a boy.  Now it’s the 54th most popular name for a baby girl.  
Blowing out her candle.
Harper was named for my favorite musician, Ben Harper, and received her middle name Lee for Harper Lee because I love the book “To Kill a Mockingbird”.  At the time I debated whether to name her Harper or not because I might want to use the name for a daughter someday.  I’m glad I went ahead and used it because now it wouldn’t be as unique as I had hoped.  
Choosing which birthday present she wanted to play with first.

No comments:

Post a Comment