Monday, May 20, 2019

Mother's Day 2019

On Mother's Day morning I wanted to go for a run but I also wanted to be with the kids. We decided Ty would ride the bike with Elise in the bike seat while I ran and Carter rode his bike. We were all geared up and excited to go but when we took off Carter's arm was still sore from his fall the day before so it hurt to ride his bike. He cried a little bit because he wanted to go but didn't want to ride his bike. We eventually got him talked into staying back to keep Oma company. It was so nice to have them along on my run with me. I chatted with Ty and Elise loved it when I talked to her.

We had doughnuts for breakfast after my run and then we decided to walk to the park after my shower. Mom and dad went with us. I was having some serious issues with my allergies and after my run was feeling really rough. We went back to my parents' house for lunch and I was so exhausted I didn't feel like making food and really wanted to be outside. I decided Carter and I would walk to McDonald's so I could have a southwest salad and he could have a Happy Meal. Ty was worried it was too far for us to walk so he drove us. It was pretty delicious! After lunch Ty, the kids, and I headed back to the park. I was struggling so I just hung out on the bench. Elise was tired and came over to me on the bench. She laid on the bench and put her head in my lap. Then Ty sat with us and she laid across both of us. She said she was really tired and wanted to go home so Ty took her home and she took a short nap. Carter and I had fun sitting close to the lake. It was flooded and the water had risen up onto the sidewalk. Carter made sting rays out of leaves and sticks. Then he put them in the water and watched them float away. It was so cute!


We had a delicious dinner with grilled sausages and chicken. Mom and I opened presents and then it was time to head home. I got some awesome new Goodr running sunglasses which I was really excited about and mom and dad gave me a toy airplane with a note saying they'd buy my plane tickets to and from Boston for the marathon! It was a fun day even though I was feeling pretty rough. I realized later that this time in May must be when my allergies act up because I've felt pretty crummy on Mother's Day in the past. Read about Mother's Day last year here, 2017 here, 2016 here, 2015 here, 2014 here, and 2013 here. Finally on Wednesday when I was still feeling awful I went to Urgent Care and got a steroid shot so I was feeling much better on Thursday for our field day at school.

2 comments:

  1. I had a great Mother's Day, and wish you'd have felt as good. Carter's sting rays are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still enjoyed it, just not as much as I would have if I hadn't felt sick!

      Delete