Total Miles Run: 1,918 (compared to 1,546.41 in 2017 and 1,332.6 miles in 2016)
Seeing this year's total made me want to try for 2,019 miles in 2019 but I don't want to increase the likelihood of injuring myself by attempting to run a specific number of miles in a year. Although I did increase my mileage by almost 400 miles from 2017 to 2018 so 100 miles doesn't sound too daunting of an increase for this year!
Total Time Spent Running: 271 hours (compared to 223 hours, 36 minutes, and 38 seconds in 2017 and 191 hours, 33 minutes, and 32 seconds in 2016)
Total Elevation Gain: 70,513 feet
Total Active Days/Days I Ran: 308
This Year's Stats:
Number of 5ks Run: 10 (8 in 2017, 15 in 2016)
Number of 10ks Run: 3 (4 in 2017, 4 in 2016)
Number of 15ks Run: 1 (1 in 2017, 1 in 2016)
Number of Half Marathons Run: 3 with one on trails (1 in 2017, 1 in 2016)
Number of Marathons Run: 1 (1 in 2017, 0 in 2016)
I also ran a 12k as a leg of a marathon relay and a 25k trail race.
Times Under 22 Minutes in the 5k: 10
Times Under 21 Minutes in the 5k: 5
Times Under 20 Minutes in the 5k: 1
Weeks with 20-29 Miles: 5 (21 in 2017, 24 in 2016)
Weeks with 30-39 Miles: 25 (8 in 2017, 11 in 2016)
Weeks with 40-49 Miles: 17 (9 in 2017, 7 in 2016)
Weeks with 50+ Miles: 3 (7 in 2017, 2 in 2016)
Highest Weekly Mileage: 53.5
Although I had fewer 50+ mile weeks than last year I had consistently higher mileage with only 2 weeks below 20 (the 2 weeks following the marathon) and only 5 weeks below 30 miles. My average weekly mileage for 2018 was 36.8 miles.
January
Dec. 31st/Jan. 1st- Race Into the New Year 5k in 21:53 (6:59 pace), 1st overall female
13th- Runway Run 5k in 21:33 (6:57 pace), 1st overall female
| Ready to race in the coldest weather I've ever run in! |
17th- Sweetheart Run 5k in 21:18 (6:49 pace), 1st overall female
17th- Sweetheart Run 10k in 45:02 (7:08 pace), 2nd overall female/1st age group
Jeremy and I were the 1st place doubler team! We also would have been the 1st place 5k team and the 1st place 10k team.
| Jeremy and me finishing together in the Sweetheart Run 5k. |
17th- St. Patrick's Day 5k in 20:25 (6:34 pace), 7th overall female/3rd age group
| Jeremy and me running together on the return trip of the St. Patty's Day race. |
7th- Aquarium Run Half Marathon in 1:32:05* (6:57 pace), 1st overall male or female
*turn around was placed wrong and the course measured 13.25 miles
29th- Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon Relay 12k leg in 51:17 (7:04 pace), 2nd place female team
| Finishing the Aquarium Run Half which would have been a PR of around 1:31:06 but they put the turn around in the wrong place so the course was long! |
| My relay team after finishing the OKC Memorial Marathon Relay! |
5th- Get Busy Livin 5k in 19:46 (6:34 pace), 1st overall female
| Finishing the Get Busy Livin 5k. |
| Carter going through the kids' obstacle course at the Get Busy Livin event. |
| Elise going through the kids' obstacle course at the Get Busy Livin event. |
9th- Starry Night 10k in 44:15 (7:06 pace), 1st overall female
17th- Armadillo Trail 25k in 2:37:59 (10:13 pace), 1st overall female
| The kids ready for the Starry Night Fun Run. |
| Finishing the Armadillo Trail 25k. |
4th- Firecracker 5k in 21:29 (6:46 pace), 1st overall female
| With our awards after the Firecracker 5k. |
11th- Blue Moon 10k in 44:13 (7:05 pace), 1st overall female
| Wearing our Blue Moon race shirts after the race. |
22nd- Corndog Challenge 5k in 20:15 (6:30 pace), 2nd overall female/1st age group
23rd- Red Dirt Shuffle Trail Half Marathon in 1:54:34 (9:20 pace), 1st overall female
| Everyone after the Corndog Challenge 5k. |
14th- Prairie Fire Half Marathon in 1:32:55 (7:03 pace), 6th overall female/2nd age group
20th- Gorilla Grind 5k in 20:52 (6:37 pace), 1st overall female
27th- Tulsa Run 15k in 1:06:20 (7:04 pace), 3rd age group
| Jeremy and me at the start of the Prairie Fire Half Marathon. |
| Finishing the Gorilla Grind 5k. |
| Ty ran a PR in a gorilla costume, his first time under 24:00! |
| Finishing the Tulsa Run 15k, my worst race of the year! |
9th- Run to the Lights 5k in 20:04 (6:46 pace), 3rd overall female/1st age group
18th- Route 66 Marathon in 3:25:27 (7:46 pace), 10th overall female/2nd age group
| Finishing the Run to the Lights. |
| Finishing the Route 66 Marathon with a 13 minute PR! |
15th- Ugly Sweater 5k in 21:13 (6:53 pace), 1st overall female
15th- Ugly Sweater Beer Mile in 6:01, 1st overall female
| Thomas destroying the field during the Beer Mile! |
I really enjoyed reading this. I am so happy you got your killer marathon PR, but I am honestly also still mad that the Aquarium Run screwed up the course...seriously, it was one cone to place correctly! However, you'll just have to blow that unofficial PR away with a 1:29 next time.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Sara! I was just telling Ty the other day that I feel like I have a big half PR in me, I just haven't been able to put it together yet. Hopefully that will happen this spring! I waited 10 years for the big marathon break through I knew I had in me, I hope I don't have to wait that long for my half!
DeleteIt’s coming for sure - I also hope you don’t have to wait too long! Are you running the Aquarium Run again or a different half?
DeleteYes, the Aquarium Run again!
Delete