Friday, January 11, 2019

My Year in Books

A while back my co-teacher from back when I taught multiage invited me to join Goodreads, an app to track books and share book recommendations with friends. I downloaded the app but never used it. Then this year since I was using my "To Read" app to keep track of what books I want to read using my phone, I looked back into Goodreads. I love using it to track my books and the books I want to read. I love that you can go in and update what page you're on in your book so it will show what percent of the way you are through your book. I also love that it will recommend books to you based on books you've read and rated highly. I've found some awesome books through it! I also found that you can create a goal for how many books to read in a year. I knew I'd read somewhere around 100 books the year before so I set my goal for 2018 at 100 books. I completed my goal well before the end of the year and now I know exactly how many books I read this year so I can create a more accurate goal for 2019. I loved that at the end of the year Goodreads created a little update of my year through reading and wanted to share some of the stats here for fun, along with some other tidbits.

I read 38,074 pages across 128 books.
My shortest book was Love and Friendship by Jane Austen at 90 pages.
My longest book was Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow at 904 pages.
The average length of book I read was 297 pages.
The most popular book I read was 1984 by George Orwell with 3,672,854 other people reading it.
The least popular book I read was Beverley Green: Sasquatch Hunter by Andrea C. Neil with only 7 other people reading it.
I loved the fun book cover collages Goodreads made out of the books I read.

I screenshotted my favorite sections.




My favorite fiction book I read this year: The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri
My favorite nonfiction book I read this year: Daring to Drive: A Saudi Woman's Awakening by Manal Al-Sharif
My favorite fiction audiobook I listened to this year: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
My favorite nonfiction audiobook I listened to this year: I Feel Bad about My Neck: And Other Thoughts on Being a Woman by Nora Ephron
Overall Favorite for the Year: The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows

No comments:

Post a Comment