Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Children's Museum

This morning I told my parents the only place I'd been wanting to take Carter and hadn't yet was the Children's Museum.  They decided it would be the perfect day for his first trip.  It was snowing and sleeting outside with a temperature of 16 degrees so there was no chance we were getting outside for some exercise!  Once there Ty and I decided to go ahead and buy a membership so on bad weather days and hot summer days or just any time it sounds fun, we can head over!  It's only about 15 minutes from our house and with a membership we could just pop in for 30 minutes and not mind that we didn't stay longer.  I was really impressed with the play area and the learning area.  There was even a section for children under 3 with lots of the same toys Carter has at daycare.  In true 1st grandchild fashion Carter was the lone child with 6 adults (my mom, my dad, me, Ty, Jeremy, and Thomas) and he sure had a blast!
Ready to check everything out!
Walking with Grammy and Grampy.
The obvious favorite of all the older children was the tape tunnel.  There was a giant tunnel made of tape that stretched up and then along the ceiling coming to an end at a giant tape slide.  Carter and I ventured through it first.  He worked really hard to walk and crawl along the tape and kept sliding because of his socks.  He was so tired that I carried him through the last couple parts.  Ty took him through the tape tunnel as well and I got some pictures of them together.  In one part there was air blowing up and you could put a ball on top to watch it held in place by the air.  Carter loved it and kept saying ball over and over while playing there.  The area for children under 3 was by far his favorite.  He loved playing with the light switches, tunnel, wooden cars, and mirrors.  Man, oh, man does he love mirrors!


Taking off into the tunnel.


Sliding down the tape slide.
 


Carter loved the perfect sized cabinet for him to sit in.
 


4 comments: