Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

And not to be outdone, Skippy with a beard!
Today was by far the best St. Patrick's Day I have ever had.  Carter slept in until 7 am which was fabulous!  He started his day off with some green milk and then spent most of his morning walking around the house.  I turned on a St. Patrick's Day station on Pandora and Carter loved he Irish music.  He would walk from room to room carrying my phone with him so he could listen to the music.  Then he found a yogurt container I had given Harper to lick out, put a crayon in it, and walked around the house carrying it for about 45 minutes.  Occasionally he would stumble and the crayon would fall out of the yogurt container.  He would either reach down, pick it up, and put it back in the container or he would sit down and fuss and cry for a while before picking it back up.  At one point I put some green beads around his neck.  He got upset, cried, and tried to pull them off his neck.  I took the beads off and put them back in our tub with the lid on.  Moments later I had my back turned and looked at Carter.  He had the beads around his neck with a giant smile across his face.  He had pulled the lid off the tub and pulled the beads out.
Drinking green milk with breakfast.

Walking with my phone.
Playing with the yogurt container.
When he put the beads on, he put them on like this!
Right before lunchtime he was acting tired so I sat down with him for some snuggles.  He fell asleep about 15 minutes before lunchtime and slept for an hour until the mailman came and Harper barked at him which woke Carter up.  I made him lunch and tried putting him down to finish his nap, but it was not happening.  So I got him up and we went on with our holiday themed activities.  He painted with green on a piece of paper which I later cut out into the shape of a shamrock.  Then he played in some water dyed green.  It was so much fun to watch him play!  By about 2:00 it was in the 50's so we went for a run and played at the park afterward.
Napping in my lap.



 
Playing at the park.
When Ty got home he grilled some burgers for dinner.  Jeremy and our friend Pete came over for dinner and we enjoyed good food and good company.  It was the perfect ending to a perfect day.  I can't wait to do it all over again tomorrow!  I am loving spring break already!
I enjoyed a green beer from my new glass just because I could.

6 comments:

  1. What a fun day!! Enjoyed the pictures.

    Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a blast! Excited to see you!

      Delete
    2. I really enjoyed the pictures of him playing in the green water, he was having a ball!

      Delete
  2. Okay, the pictures of Carter playing with the green water looks so much like his Grandpa Cox in the photo on Leina's basement wall, when Rocky was in the cardboard box!! Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes he's a spitting image of his grandpa, especially when his hair has a red hue!

      Delete