Sunday, March 9, 2014

New Words and Family Fun

Today was my best friend's wedding shower about 25 minutes outside of my home town.  I had a half-day on Friday since we stayed until 7 pm for student-led conferences on Thursday.  Ty took a half-day so we could leave right around noon at Carter's naptime.  It worked out perfectly.  He fell asleep about 30 minutes into the drive and woke up when we had almost arrived.  I wish we could always time our drives that way!  Sure beats the 30 minutes to an hour of crying we normally get while we are driving too close to Carter's bedtime!
Enjoying his pipe works bridge.


Dismounting safely.

Friday evening my dad made homemade pizza with Carter's "help".  He had Carter help pat out the pizza and Carter very proudly sneaked dough a few times.  It was so adorable seeing the look on his face after he quickly shoved pizza dough in his mouth.  My mom had my dad pull out the pipe works we loved to play with as kids.  Jeremy and my mom made Carter a slide but it ended up being fairly dangerous because all he wanted to do was climb up it, so Jeremy converted it into a bridge.  Man did Carter love to walk across it, sit down in the middle of it, and then either carefully slide off the side or dive bomb onto the carpet.  We never knew which way he was going to exit the bridge!


Grabbing a chunk with the other hand.

Sneaking it into his mouth or so he thinks.

Very proud of his accomplishment!
Enjoying the fruits of his and grampy's labor.
Saturday morning my parents were playing with Carter in their room with a tiger figurine.  My mom kept telling Carter tigers roar.  Then we'd ask him what a tiger says and he would roar.  It was so adorable!  He has suddenly gotten so much more verbal.  Last weekend he started saying ball.  He's really got mommy and daddy down.  He comes up to me, reaches for me, and says mommy.  Anytime he sees Ty he excitedly screeches daddy.  Doggie has been a favorite lately.  When he sees a dog he proclaims doggie.  Now when he hears a dog barking he will stop what he's doing and say doggie.  Friday during our drive I was reading him his family book and he pointed at Jeremy and attempted his name.  He added roaring to his vocabulary this weekend along with a couple other words.  Whenever Carter needs help I always say help please and then walk over and help him.  This morning he was sitting on the floor and held his hand up to my dad saying help.  Then at dinner we were walking through the restaurant and he saw my dad.  He looked up and said gaddy (his version of grampy) a couple of times.  I wasn't sure if he had meant to say it or not until Ty turned the corner and he distinctly said daddy.  He has also been making special noises when he drives his cars which sound similar to the vroom sound I make when I drive them.  I'm so excited about all the words he's picking up.  I swear he changes so much every day! 

The weekend wouldn't have been complete without some play time with Carter's buddy Hayden.  I was shocked with how much they actually interacted.  At daycare Carter isn't too interested in the other kids.  He watches them play, but that's about it.  He was actually playing some with Hayden and it was adorable.  At one point Hayden was acting like a doggie and crawling on the floor and Carter was following along right behind him.  It is almost impossible to get a picture of them together without one of them taking off.  Carter also enjoyed lots of snuggles with family, helping grammy do her exercises, and walking a lot.  This morning he walked down the hallway from my mom to me and back over and over.  I was counting his steps and he was averaging about 25 each way!  We had a wonderful weekend and the wedding shower was so much fun.  I will post more on it later.

He was all over grammy while she was exercising!
Working hard!
Handing weights to grammy.
Morning snuggles with daddy.
Walking with grammy and Uncie Jeremy in the parking lot.
 


2 comments: