Sunday, March 30, 2014

Daddy's Little Helper

Ty had quite a few chores he wanted to complete around the house this weekend.  He put together Carter's big boy bed, killed weeds in the yard, dug up a stump, filled in holes in the backyard, and started spray painting some things we've found at garage sales for Carter.  While he was putting Carter's bed together, Carter was right up next to him, wanting to help.  Ty even let him touch the drill while he was working.  Then when Ty went out to work in the backyard Carter and I went out with him so we could watch.  Carter walked over to the area where Ty was digging up the stump.  He sat and played with the dirt, crumbling it and smashing it in his hands.  Ty told me to look at Harper so I looked away from Carter for a few seconds and when I turned back Carter had a mouthful of dirt.  Really, after playing nicely with the dirt for at least 5 minutes he waited until I looked away to put it in his mouth?!!?  After we went inside Carter stood at the window watching Ty and each time Ty walked by the window Carter would proclaim, "Daddy".  It was so sweet!  I love seeing my boys together!


He loved playing in the frame before it was all put together!
Where it all began...
Ty helping his daddy over 20 years ago.

6 comments:

  1. Love those Cox boys!! Carter is so dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cute, he's so happy helping his daddy. And I love him walking in the frame; he looks so proud and happy.

      Delete
  2. I love the old picture of Ty and Uncle Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It took me about an hour and half to find and download it from our external hard drive. I'm glad it was worth it!

      Delete