Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Momma's Sick Day and Wagon Fun

Last night after dinner my stomach was killing me.  I thought I had overeaten because we had so much delicious food, but couldn't figure it out because I didn't feel overfull at dinner.  When we went to bed my stomach was still in a lot of pain.  I woke up around 2 am and got very sick.  When Carter woke up at 6 am I was feeling miserable.  After feeding him breakfast I closed all the doors giving him the hallway, living room, and entryway to play while I laid in the doorway to the living room so I could see him.  At one point I drifted off to sleep.  When I woke up I panicked and rolled over to check on Carter.  I found him laying beside me on the floor very sweetly sleeping.  It was like he knew I didn't feel well so he took a nap with me!

Little man was such a good boy.  He walked around the house playing and then we went outside.  The fresh air really helped with my nausea.  My mom had been dying to get Carter a wagon to ride in, so this past weekend while they were visiting my parents bought one for him as an early Easter present.  We had a lot of fun playing with it in the backyard.  I had a very overdue hair cut appointment today and thought about cancelling, but I decided to go because I didn't think I was contagious.  By my appointment time I was feeling a bit better.  Jeremy came over to watch Carter while I was at my appointment.  Since Carter had taken a morning nap, he didn't go down for his afternoon nap at his usual time and was still awake when Jeremy arrived.  Jeremy said Carter walked around carrying different toys, climbed in our rocking chair, and they played outside for a while.  When I got home Carter had just gone down for a nap.


I've donated my hair to Locks of Love 4 different times and typically grow my hair out to donate, cut it, and do it all over again.  This time my hair was so damaged from Carter using it as a security blanket I decided to go ahead and cut it without donating it.  I had 8 inches of healthy hair with 2 inches of extremely damaged hair.  I just couldn't take the thought of trimming the bottom and waiting even longer to cut it, so I went ahead and had 8 inches cut off.  When I arrived home I was a little bit worried.  What if Carter was really upset that I had cut my hair?  What if he didn't want me to rock him before bed anymore?  I was afraid he would either cry when I picked him up from his nap or lay back down and not want me to pick him up.  I picked him up from his nap and he immediately reached up and grabbed a handful of hair completely unfazed.  Thank goodness!

After a quick snack and diaper change we took a walk in his wagon.  It was the first time we had taken the wagon outside the yard.  He had a blast watching cars drive by and playing with my keys.  At one point I looked back to check on him and saw him turned and staring behind him.  I saw my keys laying on the sidewalk.  Little mister had thrown them overboard!  We arrived home a little before my white knight who came bearing Powerade and Sprite.  Now I'm relaxing on the couch, sipping on Sprite, hoping I feel better tomorrow so we can visit the zoo.  Our appointment with my Ob/gyn is tomorrow so send love our way.  I am dreading it just a little.        

2 comments: