Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Carter's Recovery

Yesterday Carter woke up from his afternoon nap back to normal.  I'd actually say he woke up guns blazing.  At one point I went to the bathroom and came back in to find this:

I was at the far end of the hallway by our bedroom and Carter was walking into the kitchen.  I said, "Carter, where are you goin?"  Just like I normally would.  He jumped in surprise and whipped around to look at me.  Normally he just continues walking and pays no attention to me.  I always thought he was just ignoring me because he had important places to go.  Now I'm wondering if he couldn't hear me before.  I was also impressed with his balance.  He seemed much steadier walking, fell a lot less, and didn't put his hand out for help when walking up inclines or steps.  I thought it was possibly the placebo effect.  Carter gets ear tubes and suddenly I think his walking is better, but it was the first thing his teacher mentioned when I picked him up from daycare today.  She was very impressed with how much steadier he was!  He did great at daycare today, but I forgot how tired and needy he is when he comes home from daycare.  He wanted me to hold him all night and followed me around pulling on my legs and reaching desperately for me!  I was trying to eat my dinner and Ty was finished so he picked Carter up and had to walk into the other room so he couldn't see me.  I overheard Ty say, "Daddy or nobody, those are your options."  It was so sweet and I was so proud of him!  We are excited to see how the tubes effect his speech as well!
Excited to play on the toys at daycare!
So glad you're here, mommy!

2 comments: