Saturday, March 29, 2014

Carter's First Kiss

Obviously Carter has gotten an abundance of kisses during his life.  He's gotten kisses from anyone close enough to pucker up and plant one on his sweet cheeks.  I kiss him more times in a day than I can count.  What I'm talking about here is the first time Carter returned the favor.  This evening he was sitting close to me and I said, "Carter, give me a kiss".  He stood up, leaned in, and planted one right on my lips.  I had never asked him for a kiss before and couldn't believe he actually did it, so I asked him to do it again and he obliged.  It was the sweetest moment.  It filled my chest with warmth and I felt so loved.  When we were all sitting in the living room before Carter's bedtime I told Ty what happened and asked Carter for another kiss which he gave me.  Little man really was dishing them out!  Receiving my first kiss from Carter wasn't one of those moments I'd pictured in my head and dreamed about, not sure why, since it was an amazing moment.  Not anticipating the moment made it even more special.  I'm looking forward to lots more kisses in our future!
Ty tried to get a picture, but the moment was so quick!
Carter was on a roll with adorable antics this evening.  He walked up to his Uncie Jeremy and put a book in his lap so Jeremy would read to him.

4 comments:

  1. How sweet! Did his dad ask for a kiss? The picture of it is pretty good. And of course the picture with Jeremy is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty did ask for a kiss, but by then he was all kissed out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At first I thought you were going to say some little girl at daycare had kissed Carter!! While that would have been sweet and innocent, I am glad that it was his momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure his next one will be the little girl at daycare who hugs him and gives him kisses constantly!

      Delete