Thursday, March 6, 2014

Reading about Family

When I was still home on maternity leave I saw an idea online to create a book using Ziploc bags.  On a piece of paper you draw and write whatever you want and then slip it into the Ziploc bag, seal it closed, and tape it to the next Ziploc bag.  I loved the idea and thought it was such a cheap and easy way to make a book about whatever I wanted.  The first book I made was about family.  I printed a picture of all of his grandparents, aunts, and uncles along with Harper and Skippy with their name below the picture.  I always loved reading it to Carter and watching him study everyone's faces.  We hadn't read it in a while because when I rearranged his books I put it in a basket.  This morning he found it while I was changing out his diaper genie and I turned around to see him flipping through the pages, studying the faces, and smiling.  It was the sweetest thing.  It's so much fun to see him grow and change.  The difference in how he interacted with the book from the last time we had it out was night and day.  I can picture him reading the book later on down the road pointing at pictures and saying names and I can't wait!





2 comments: