Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow Day #6

We ended up with another snow day today, our 6th for the year!  I would be disappointed that we've gone over our snow days, but I had such a perfect day home with Carter!  We had lots of playtime, read books, organized his closet, and got some chores done.  Doing chores is always so much more fun with Carter around to "help" and play with while I do them.  Laundry consisted of sorting the clothes into piles while Carter put clothes in and out of baskets.  Then I put him in the laundry basket and slid him down the hallway to the laundry room.  Then he puts clothes in or pulls them out of the dryer.  Then another ride down the hallway in the laundry basket for Carter.  The entire time he's in the laundry basket he squeals and laughs. 

While I went through Carter's toys and organized them into toys for his big boy room and toys to stay in the nursery, he sure acted like a big boy!  His sat in his rocking chair and just hung out looking so big.  Occasionally he would push back with his head and body to rock himself in the chair.  I dumped out his blocks to put them all together in one basket and he started building towers with his blocks.  Apparently I hadn't pulled them out recently enough because he had a blast stacking the blocks on top of each other and then throwing blocks one way or another.


Late in the afternoon the temperature finally raised above the teens so we went outside to play for a while.  I figured we wouldn't stay out very long since it was cold, but Carter was having a blast.  When we ran and walked laps around the yard Harper chased along after us (she gets really jacked up in the snow).  I pushed Carter up the small incline in our backyard and let him slide down.  He laughed every time and even scream squealed one time which was entertaining.  I was surprised to get the call that school is also cancelled for tomorrow.  Most of the roads seemed clear, but the neighborhood roads must still be a mess.  I'm not sure what they'll do to make up these 2 extra days, but I'm going to love the days while I have them!
Ready to slide down the little hill.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the pictures, of course, and him helping put clothes in the laundry basket.

    ReplyDelete