Friday, March 21, 2014

Spring Break Picture Recap

I skipped Wordless Wednesday this week because I wanted to share information about our follow-up appointment with the doctor so everyone would be in the loop.  So here are some pictures that didn't fit with other posts I would have put together for Wordless Wednesday.  Our spring break has been a blast and I am definitely not ready for it to come to an end!  Thankfully next week begins 4th quarter which means I only have about 9 weeks left before I'm home with Carter FULL TIME!!!!  I feel so fortunate and love Ty more every time I think about it!

This week we enjoyed morning snuggles which turned into me rocking while holding a sleeping baby most days.  He is starting to get a little bit big for me to hold him during naps, but that doesn't phase him.  He loves it and will wiggle around to get comfortable!  I am so fortunate to have such a snuggly baby!  I will skip just about anything for an hour holding my sleeping boy!

Getting his finger nails clipped.  Daddy's done it exclusively since Carter was about 3 months old!
Taking a break to check out the tv with daddy.
When we pulled out the St. Patrick's Day decorations Carter quickly found a string of green beads.  He's played with it all week and we are thinking we'll have to leave them out for him.  He loves to practice putting them on and then taking them off again.  I've been amazed by how much entertainment the beads have provided!

The weather has been wonderful all week with chilly mornings but great temperatures in the afternoon.  We've spent at least a little bit of time outside every day.  He enjoyed playing on his cars, with his wagon, and had to go up into Harper's look-out corner of the yard to check out what she does up there!  He also loves to walk up and down the little hill in your yard.


Checkin out the view from Harper's look out corner.
Picking out his wagon at the store with grammy and grampy.
Grammy trying out the wagon after daddy put it together.
When my parents came down my mom finished up the curtains for Carter's big boy room.  We've been working on the room a little bit at a time.  We are going with a storybook character theme.  We will use the Skippyjon Jones quilt my mom's friend made for Carter along with the Skippyjon Jones painting Thomas made.  Thomas is making three character paintings for the room The Pigeon, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, and The Lorax.  His toy box Ty and I made him for Christmas will work perfectly and I've put his Curious George basket on the floor filled with board books for easy access!  We just started on the room a couple months ago, coming up with ideas and I'm amazed at how quickly it is coming together!  It's definitely still a work in progress, but the walls are painted, we've been playing around with furniture, switched the queen bed out for a twin bed, and moved everything out of the closet.  I'll do a post on his big boy room when it's finished.
The front of his toy box.
Checking out his curtains!
Waiting for food at restaurants is so hard!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love the photos. Your mom is so much fun! Grammy in the wagon!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cracked me up when they came inside and I found out grammy had tried the wagon out!

      Delete
  2. His room is looking good, and I loved him playing with the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks odd to see him now in old pictures with that messy hair, since he has such a nice haircut now.

    ReplyDelete