Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sick Day with Carter Man

Yesterday when I arrived at Carter's daycare at lunch one of his teachers informed me he had been running a low-grade temp right around 100.1 degrees.  I was a little bit worried, but he was acting normal.  In the past I've been told he had a temp at daycare only to get him home and have a reading of 98.6, so I took it with a grain of salt and chalked it up to teething.

When I went back to pick him up his main teacher also mentioned he'd been running a 100.1 temp.  She told me they take temperatures under the armpit and then add a degree.  We went straight home rather than run and I took his temp, it was just over 99 degrees.  I figured we'd see how he did overnight and then I'd decide whether to keep him home or not.  He woke up at 12:45 coughing and fussy.  I brought him to bed with us and Ty took him back to his crib after he fell asleep.  He woke up again at 5:30 am and seemed miserable.  I decided to stay home with him and began calling substitutes, got ahold of one, and started my sub plans.
First nap of the day in mommy and daddy's bed with mommy and Harper.
I napped with him for an hour and then he kept napping for almost 2 more hours.
Carter slept from 8:15-11:00, waking up just in time for lunch.  He ate lunch and went back to sleep around 12:30, sleeping until 3:00.  He woke up just in time for his afternoon snack and then went back to sleep again.  Little man was so tired!  When he was awake I got 3 smiles out of him all day.  That's how I know he really isn't feeling well, when he isn't very smiley.

Happy to see me when he awoke.
Little man was still running a temp this evening after taking a dose of Tylenol, so Ty will stay home with him tomorrow.  This morning when I messaged our doctor he said to bring Carter in if he wasn't better within 48 hours, so Ty will also be taking Carter to the doctor. 

I love snuggling my little buddy!
 
Days like today are such a mix of emotions.  I feel so badly for Carter and want nothing more than for him to feel better, but I am also so grateful to have an extra day home with him.  Even though I spent all day rocking, snuggling, and feeding a sick baby I loved every moment of it.  I know Ty will take really good care of Carter tomorrow and he loves his daddy, but I hate that I won't be with him.  Being a working mom continues to be a struggle.   
Looking tired during lunchtime.
Switched him out of footie jammies to bring his temp down.

No comments:

Post a Comment